Some channels not accessible

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by thobbs, Jan 16, 2006.

1. thobbs

thobbs New Member

Jan 16, 2006

Advertisements

I just installed my TiVo and cannot get it to go to some of the channels available through my cable provider. For example, when channel surfing my TiVo goes from 181 to 401. Most of the channels it skips are Pay-Per-View but not all of them. How can I set the channels that it is skipping over

2. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Make sure you have the right line-up but TiVo doesn't know about PPV channels since the cable and satellite providers don't report those schedules to Tribune.

You can, of course, tune any channel directly.

3. thobbs

thobbs New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    I tried to tune direct - just pressing each of the three channel buttons but it still skips into the 400's. Example, I am on channel 65 and punch in 280, the Tivo goes to channel 401 which is the next channel it shows in the guide. Any ideas?

4. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Are you sure it's the tivo--- or is it your cable box? Many cable boxes will tune to the next higher station if you try to tune to a channel you do not receive or they do not provide.

5. thobbs

thobbs New Member

Jan 16, 2006

Advertisements

Yeah - I'm sure. For example, I want to record something on a pay-per-view channel that I have watched before. I can go to my cable box and schedule the show, pay for it and exit. Then when I try to schedule it to record on the TiVo it won't allow me to go to the channel. If I scroll through the channels it skips from say 180 to 400. If I try to punch in the number directly (on the TiVo remote) it skips to the station nearest the number I type in.

6. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Try going to live TV and tuning to it directly (numerically). If that works, then try programming that channel.

7. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Is this in live TV, or is it in the manual recording screen? Generally, you will have to set a manual recording to get the PPV stations right.

8. thobbs

thobbs New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    It was in live TV - I will try doing it through manual record tonight and see what happens - Thanks guys.