Sold Roamio OTA with AIP - New owner won't complete transfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by cobcwc, Jan 17, 2021.

1. cobcwc

cobcwc New Member

Nov 30, 2016

Advertisements

Just a quick question, I recently sold a refurb Roamio OTA w/AIP on ebay. I contacted Tivo to start the transfer process and received a case number to give to the new owner. I've reached out multiple times to the new owner, but they won't respond and haven't completed the transfer.

Are there any issues with leaving the device on my account?

Thanks in advance!

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can set to record shows he may not like.
    Delete recordings.
    Delete passes.
    :LOL:

bam1220 and Teeps like this.
  3. Wayoverpar1

Wayoverpar1 Member

May 19, 2017
    Coeur d'...
    He may have bought it for parts. I recently purchased a OTA Roamio from Facebook Marketplace for $15 to use for parts. The remote alone was worth it.

bam1220 and Teeps like this.
  4. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Only issue you may encounter is if you have too many devices (I think the count is 11) on your account you can have an issue where you'll lose (temporarily) service on one or more of the devices because TiVo can't deal with that many devices on the account. As long as you aren't near that limit, then no biggie.

If you really are concerned and have multiple e-mail addresses, you can set up a secondary account of your own, transfer the device to that secondary account, and then basically forget about it. Advantage with that is that if you leave it alone (basically) but it is still checking in and getting guide updates and such, eventually you may find that TiVo offers you a discount of some sort to retire that device and purchase newer hardware to replace it with. Or, you may find that you get a one-per-customer type offer that you can take advantage of *twice* because you would have gotten the offer on both of the e-mail addresses that TiVo is aware of ;)

5. terpfan1980

Jan 28, 2002

Advertisements

Certainly possible. Especially if they need a drive, or perhaps the remote control and the drive, etc. Maybe the fan or other internal parts. Though if the unit was working properly it would be kinda silly to part it out instead of parting out any malfunctioning unit they may have wanted parts for.

6. terpfan1980

Jan 28, 2002
    That is something that some of my friends that got hand-me-down hardware from me haven't been too careful with. I gave them TiVo boxes that were ready for usage but they didn't bother to transfer them (hence my issues with too many devices on my main account) and they were at my mercy if I did something with the devices through the web access to same. So if I deleted recordings, or deleted season passes or changed options and such, that was on them. They could have taken care of it easily enough when I gave them the boxes and gave them clear instructions to contact TiVo to complete the transfer. That they were too lazy to do so wasn't my problem :p ;)