Sold Lifetime TiVo, still shows up in "My Account"

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by eric_mcgovern, May 8, 2006.

1. eric_mcgovern

eric_mcgovern Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Title really says it all. Recently sold one of my TiVo's with lifetime on it (removed the TV it was connected to). Now I have a monthly and another lifetime in my account. However the lifetime box I sold is still showing up, and I can see what the person I sold it to named it, etc. Just don't like the privacy issue, because my assumption is, he can see my TSN's, MAK's etc.

Is there anyway to remove it?

2. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    You could try calling TiVo customer support I guess.

3. hitbyatrain

hitbyatrain Your Hero

Aug 15, 2004
    Austin
    I read on one of these threads that this is done be design. Your account lists every transaction you've made with TiVo, regardless of whether you still have the box.

If the person to whom you sold the box has put it in his name, he won't be able to see YOUR info.

4. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    No, and the new owner can't see any of your info. You can see the new name of the DVR, but that's about it.

The reason you still the the transfered DVR is so you can still see the billing and activation history.

5. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    On your account just go to Name You DVR if the unit you sold shows up then its not been moved out of your account, you will have to call TiVo and give them the name of the buyer and his E-Mail address to move it to him.

6. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Did you read the previous responses? They weren't wrong.
    Any Tivo you ever own will always show up on your account (as the Tivo system currently functions) whether the new owners have had it transfered to their own account or not.

7. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    In fairness to lessd, his response is entirely accurate.

All of the Tivos you've ever had show up under Overview, but only the ones that are currently active under your account show up under "Name your DVRs"

8. DavidSTiVo

DavidSTiVo New Member

Jul 23, 2001
    NY
    ttt

For a site with so many die hard TiVo'ites that surely buy/sell TiVo's reguarly, I'm surprised my search didn't turn up more results!

I sold 2 lifetime TiVo's YEARS ago and both are still listed on my account. This wouldn't bug me so much, except whenever I go to www.tivo.com/tco to schedule a recording online, the stupid websites defaults to a unit I haven't owned in years!!! :mad:

I've called TiVo many many times, they've assured me that once someone registers the boxes I sold it'll be removed. This obviously did not happen since the box has been re-registered (I never named it "Gary's TiVo"). I even asked if the default TiVo could be changed, they said they'd put the request in - - this was about a year ago. Nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions? This is not the proper way to operate a sevice company. :(