Software update

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by klyde, Apr 10, 2021.

1. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...

Advertisements

I have 3 Romeos, 2 are running the latest software 21.10.2.v13-846-6-846. But one that has been online the longest is running the old software 20.7.4d.RC13-846-846-6-846.
    Last night I forced a login and it did d/l a large file. Then a restart, but the software is still the old version. How can I get the latest?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Both of these are the latest.

v20 is TE3
    V21 is TE4/Hydra, adds voice remote feature. To get v20 -> v21, you need to go to apps / The new Experience.
    For v21 ->v20, you have to do a reset using a hidden sequence. Which would lose everything already set/recorded.

3. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    I guess you mean to go back its a secret sequence.
    Thank you

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Its more of a hidden undocumented sequence, than a secret.

5. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...

Advertisements

Understand, there have been a lot of them in the past. I finally got the newest software to load.
    Thanks

6. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Has anyone recently replaced a Roamio hard drive and then been able to update to TE4? I've detailed my ongoing issue in another thread but thought I'd ask in this one if anyone has been successful in doing the update. Just trying to see if it's my unit at fault or a similar recent problem with updating older minis.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    About a year ago I put a drive in a Roamio. The "get new experience" app was missing. After countless wasted attempts I got the VOX remote and hit the voice button. Then it asked me to update. I did. My A95 Mini was already at TE4.

8. lillevig

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Thanks, Joe. I'm looking for a more recent attempt. My Roamio has the upgrade app but that only seems to download the Guide info. I plugged in a USB dongle and tried the VOX remote method - same results. I went through the upgrade issue with my A93 mini but it actually failed (blue dog screen) until they fixed the problem. The Roamio goes through the motions with no failure indication but never downloads the SW update. Does someone from TiVo still monitor this forum?

JoeKustra likes this.
  9. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    To the best of my knowledge: no. I use Twitter when I want to get support.

10. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Ambassador to the City of Chicago TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    That is the process used to get the update. After triggering the upgrade, you will be taken to an SDUI "Connection progress" screen. If, at the end, the bottom does not say "Pending Restart", it's not fetching the update correctly.

You may need to call TiVo with your TSN and see if they can push it.

11. lillevig

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Yeah, I went through a successful upgrade procedure on my old mini. I guess calling TiVo is the last resort because the online problem logging process is half past worthless.