SOAK--Windows Tasks and direct show filter

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by lew, Sep 16, 2019.

1. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I used windows task manager (KMTTG user) to create autoskip from skip mode and to process my auto transfer jobs. I used the direct show filters, using video redo to decrypt.

In setting up for the fall season I discovered by my windows task jobs went missing. VRD said the tivo desktop files are missing.

I reinstalled Dan's pytivo and sovled that problem I'm working on the 2 windows tasks.
    Does anyone know what could have caused the issue? Automatic windows upgrades?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Every single major update in Windows 10 kills off the TiVo Desktop DirectShow filters requiring you to re-install them manually. Has happened to me with several Win 10 updates.

kpeters59 and ClearToLand like this.
  3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yeah. The encryption used to store the MAK in the registry gets screwed up after every update. There is a small CLI app in the pyTivo install directory called tivomak.exe that is used to set it. If you call it like so from a command line it'll reset the MAK without having to reinstall...

Code:
    tivomak.exe -set {MAK HERE}

LarryAtHome and ClearToLand like this.
  4. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    First time it happened to me. I guess it also wiped out my tasks.