So You Think You Can Dance "Top 16 results show" 6/30/2011 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Top 16 group performance by Michael Rooney.

Melanie and Marko are safe.
    Ashley and Chris are in the bottom 3.
    Ryan and Ricky are safe.
    Jordan and Tadd are safe.
    Sasha and Alexander are safe.
    Miranda and Robert are in the bottom 3.
    Clarice and Jess are safe.
    Caitlynn and Mitchell are in the bottom 3.

Performance by Axis Dance Company. As someone in a wheelchair I really appreciate someone coming up with such an idea. Very cool and inspiring!

Solo time:

Ashley - A decent solo.
    Chris - Pretty good I liked it.
    Miranda - A better solo than Ashley.
    Robert - It was alright.
    Caitlynn - Pretty good.
    Mitchell - Slow start got better.

Performance by Eric Luna and Georgia Amarian. Wow nice dead lift from the ground. I usually don't pay much attention to guest performances but that was amazing!

Well time for the ax to drop..

Girls first:

Miranda is going home.

Guys next:

Robert is going home.

So they continue sending couples home and not breaking any partnerships up.

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    Two crap decisions, based on what I saw with dance for your life. Ashley and Mitchell should have been sent home.:thumbsdown:

3. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    Holy freaking cow! I'm not sure what I just watched, but that was amazing! Absolutely awesome performance by Eric Luna and Georgia Amarian! My only wish is that I could see that woman's body better. Her musculature (is that what I mean) must be incredible. I won't be deleting this any time soon. Fantastic!!!

Sorry to see Miranda go home. Really sorry.

4. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    With all of the complaints about the crowd noise during the routines, one thing I've noticed this year that's for the better is, they don't show the countdown clock to the audience (the lights turn red with five seconds remaining, but that's it), so you don't get the audience counting down and drowning out the music at the end of the routine.

5. Jul 1, 2011 #5 of 11
    dsmoot

dsmoot Member

Oct 15, 2003
    I'm so glad they finally decided to send Robert home, I could not stand him at all. As for the girls, I wish that they would have broken up the couples and sent Ashley home. I think Miranda got the short straw with having Robert as her partner, I would have loved to see her partner with someone else.

6. Jul 1, 2011 #6 of 11
    murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
  7. Jul 1, 2011 #7 of 11
    murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    One of the shows that hasn't yet made it to the USA: Dancing on Wheels, which featured professional dancer Brian Fortuna from the UK show Strictly Come Dancing (the model for the US show Dancing with the Stars). Brian choreographed all the couples (he paired first-time wheelchair dancers with celebrities who had already appeared on Strictly).

Here's an early performance (episode 2, so not much of a spoiler) with James O'Shea & Caroline Flack performing a foxtrot:

Sorry for the hijack -- carry on.

8. Jul 1, 2011 #8 of 11
    murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Caitlin and Mitchell had NO business being in the bottom three, since they absolutely killed that samba.

And WTF is voting for Sasha and Alexander? Is it just to keep Sasha on the show? Somebody explain it to me, because it makes no sense that Mitchell is in the bottom three and Alexander isn't.

9. Jul 1, 2011 #9 of 11
    cl8855

cl8855 woot!

Jan 2, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    stupid Jidges.

Miranda was being pulled down by being w/ Robert, I was really liking her, she killed the dance Weds and had a good solo both.

And agree w/ murg, Alex is so bad its painful, stop voting for them!

10. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    It's a shame, really. It's not Sasha's fault that they featured her and her sister all through Vegas week, and compared the two of them, and pointed out how good her sister is, so I ended up liking her sister's dancing better than hers.

So not only do I have to watch Sasha and think how much cooler it would be if I could watch her sister instead, or at least watch Sasha and her sister, like we could in the audition rounds, I have to watch her with Alexander instead, who IMHO has negative stage presence.

The end result is, I really wish either that Sasha gets a new partner or that both of them would go.

So not fair to Sasha, but there it is.

11. gschrock

gschrock Active Member

Dec 27, 2001
    holt, mi
    Can they win an emmy with a guest performance? I've got to admit, I was pretty impressed with the Eric and Georgia routine, I'd even go so far as to say one of the best routines I've seen on the show. The control they had was just plain incredible.