So You Think You Can Dance "Top 16 performance show" 6/29/2011 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Here we go!

Is this show now legitimately live or is that kind of a lie? I always heard they taped it on Monday nights.

Lil C and Kristin Chenoweth are guest judges this week.

2 Group numbers tonight.

1st 8 member group performance choreographed by Tyce Diorio. I thought they all did really good. A cute little number and you can't go wrong with flying chairs unless you're Geraldo!

Sasha and Alexander - 1-888-TEMPO-01 - Contemporary by Dee Caspary - Looked good, she sure was getting thrown around a lot!

Caitlynn and Mitchell - 1-888-TEMPO-02 - Salsa by Jean-Marc Generoux - Hard to not look at her but I tried and it seemed like Mitchell did a very good job and Caitlynn looked great too.

Miranda and Robert - 1-888-TEMPO-03 - Broadway by Tyce Diorio - I thought it looked pretty good. I think Miranda did better than Robert but both were good.

Melanie and Marko - 1-888-TEMPO-04 - Lyrical Hip hop by Napoleon & Tabitha - I think that was the performance of the night so far. Danced very well and Marko pulled off the emotion end of things.

Ashley and Chris - 1-888-TEMPO-05 - Jazz by Sonya Tayeh - Strange stuff by Sonya as usual. Didn't really like it that much. They danced pretty well though.

Clarice and Jess - 1-888-TEMPO-06 - Fox Trot by Jean-Marc Generoux - I thought it was a cute little number and they both danced it very nicely.

Ryan & Ricky - 1-888-TEMPO-07 - Contemporary by Sonya Tayeh - I liked this better than the first piece by Sonya. I wonder if having the choreographers do two pieces kills one of them? They danced this really well.

Jordan and Tadd - 1-888-TEMPO-08 - Hip Hop by Tabitha & Napoleon - I thought it was kind of cute. Was it my favorite of the night? No.. Did they dance it alright? Yes, not bad.

2nd group performance choreographed by Dee Caspary - I thought it was very good and liked it better than the first group number.

2. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Best choreography of the night: Jean-Marc Généreux.

Great performances, too.

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    If Fox's press releases are accurate, apparently they did pre-tape performance shows through the Fall 2009 season (although I seem to recall them being taped either on Tuesdays or early on Wednesdays), but last season and this season have live performance shows.

4. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I said to my wife last night that my pick for winner is Melanie, or perhaps Sasha.

5. HIHZia

HIHZia Mad Turk

Nov 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I just don't like Sonya or Dee's stuff.

I think M&M's number was the best of the night for performance and choreography.

6. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Agreed. I think Sonya is a bit overrated.

7. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    Ryan looks like a dance by number dancer to me. Step step step, arch back and fling arms, step step step. I don't get the love for her.

8. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Not sure I was hoping they would've kept Iveta last week.

9. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I want to know who did Cat Deeley's hair. That was fantastic!

10. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I've been noticing videos on Yahoo about her fashion tips and stuff. You might check those out and see what they say. I only watched one because I think she's a babe. :D