So You Think You Can Dance "Top 12 performance show" 7/13/2011 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Here we go.

Guest judges are Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Sonya Tayeh.

Sasha and Alexander - 1-888-TEMPO-01 - Paso Doble by Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin - I thought they both did really well. Alexander actually did pretty good this time. Sasha is always really good.

Jordan and Tadd - 1-888-TEMPO-02 - Contemporary by Travis Wall - I liked it. Good choreography and danced really well. Sonya liked it so much she wants to swear..

Ryan and Ricky - 1-888-TEMPO-03 - Broadway by Spencer Liff - Jesse is right, I didn't enjoy it that much either. Looks like Ryan will be in the bottom again this week.

Caitlynn and Mitchell - 1-888-TEMPO-04 - Hip hop by Christopher Scott - I thought they both good but I think Caitlynn did better, they weren't in sync. I'm not sure how this relates to children fighting a senseless war.

Melanie and Marko - 1-888-TEMPO-05 - (American Style) Tango by Louis Van Amstel - Wow at the move at the end! I thought they did extremely well. Tough routine!

Clarice and Jess - 1-888-TEMPO-06 - Lyrical Hip Hop by Christopher Scott - Definitely liked this better than Christopher's first piece. They both danced the routine very well.

Sasha and Alexander - Jazz by Tyce Diorio - I thought she out did him in that dance. Ooops at the end? Looked like a blown spot at the end to me.

Jordan and Tadd - Broadway by Spencer Liff - It was a cute little number but it didn't have a lot of substance to it.

Ryan and Ricky - Cha cha by Louis Van Amstel - I thought Ryan did well this dance. Much better than first dance. Still think they might land in the bottom 3.

Caitlynn and Mitchell - Jazz by Travis Wall - Cute number, I thought they did well. Caitlynn is a cutey too so that doesn't hurt either!

Melanie and Marko - Contemporary by Dee Caspary - They did very well. Melanie and Marko are beyond safe this week.

Clarice and Jess - Jive by Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin - A nice number to end the show on. Quite enjoyable.

2. HIHZia

HIHZia Mad Turk

Nov 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Ryan, Ricky, Clarice and Alexander are the ones I wouldn't be sad to see leave.

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    This just in:
    Cat finally got an Emmy nomination (as did the series, for Reality-Competition Series, and five (well, six, as Nappytabs (Napoleon and Tabitha Dumo) received a joint nomination) of the choreographers)

4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I just wrote in the Emmy thread- Cat deserves this nomination and deserves to win.
    She manages the job and still finds a way to smooth the stressful moments for the contestants. She can always say or do something to help them through what have to be nerve wracking moments.
    I love her.

5. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Cat really does seem like a genuinely nice person.

6. Meowkitkat1

Meowkitkat1 Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Cat seems to take all the dancers under her wing and genuinely cares about all of them. It shows in her hosting and her relations with everybody. She does a fantastic job.

7. Ohmissfl

Ohmissfl Member

Feb 18, 2003
    That show was the most disappointing show I have seen on SYTYCD...

8. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I want to like Cat but I cannot stand that lame, condescending, preschool thing she does when she introduces the judges ("now here're your...... .... ..... ..... "). So, so horrible. As long as she keeps doing that I don't think she should win anything.

9. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    If she learned to say judges instead of jidges she wouldn't have to do it that way with the audience participation. :p

10. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    If thats the only reason to keep Cat from winning the award then its pretty petty.. :rolleyes:

11. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    And she's not at all "condescending" when she does it. It's become a trademark at this point.

12. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Er... what exactly do you think an awards show is? :rolleyes:

It's blatantly obvious she wants it to be her "thing"... which makes it all the more sad IMO.

Too sad to deserve an award.

Really, I'm serious. It bugs me. :mad: :eek: ;)

13. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    She didn't start it, the audience started it, then it just mushroomed.
    Every host out there has some ridiculous schtick they go through from Seacrests "A..a..a..a...merican Idol" to Johnny's golf swing.
    Some are contrived and others evolve.
    Cat's evolved.

Not to say that I don't think she gets a bit too happy cutsey sometimes because I do. But she is still light years better than people like Heidi Klum or Jeff Probst Chris Harrison and I am thrilled she finally got some recognition.

14. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Don't go knocking Jeff Probst. He is very good. Most reality hosts don't ever get to think they just read cue cards and listen to that ear piece to speed it up or slow it down.
    Jeff gets to design and ask questions that affect the game.

Cat is more like Tom Bergeron. She does have the ability for some banter and respond to the emotion of the moment.

15. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Ha- he was the only other one I could remember on the fly.

16. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    If you want to ding somebody lets go after the bachelors Chris Harrison who's big moment to step in a say "This is the final rose tonight"

17. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Didn't she stop doing it at the start of this season, only to go back to it (the audience probably "demanded" it)?

My theory as to why it took so long for her to get a nomination is, a combination of this (or the fact that it might be off-putting that, when she does say "judges", occasionally it still comes out "jidges" or "jerdges") and the use of "it's" in front of the dancers' names (saying something like, "Here to dance for her life, it's Ryan" is fine - it's things like "Here's It's Ryan and It's Rickey" that sound bad).

18. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Done :D

19. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I have to ask myself how Jess started out as my least favorite..to the point that I cringed when I saw he made the top 20 and now he's my favorite. I thought both routines were spot on.

20. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I liked Jess from the beginning- I think he just has a personality that takes a while.
    But as far as dancing- he is the tightest most incredibly centered dancer. So compact and balanced.

But I still miss Nick.