So You Think You Can Dance starts in May

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by murgatroyd, May 15, 2008.

1. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA

Advertisements

... causing a three-way conflict for me on Thursday nights.

Bye bye, Grey's Anatomy!

(And fellow dance fans, see you over in TV Show Talk next week!)

Jan

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    I solved the conflict by deleting the May 22 ep. of Grey's, and setting it to record the rerun that airs on the 23rd. Problem solved, since that's the season finale.

3. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I made sure the priority on Grey's was lower, and ditto.

Jan

4. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I only record NBC stuff on Thursdays so no conflict for me.

Hey this year I won't be such a newbie when talking about this stuff!!!

5. tammyinmi

tammyinmi New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Redford,...

Advertisements

Is anyone else having problems with setting up a season pass for "So You Think You Can Dance"? I had set up the season pass to record "First-run only" over a week ago but finally had to change my recording options for "All (with duplicates)" for it to pick up the show to record at all??? :confused:

6. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    What kind of TiVo do you have, and what does the Guide Data say?

If part of the data is missing, it may not pick up the episode.

I already had a SP from previous seasons and it picked up the first episode with no problems. I have a S1 SA.

My local Fox station also moves SYTYCD to a 'sister station' during the baseball station, so I have a SP for that other station as well.

You could try making a Title Wishlist and see if that will pick up the episodes where the SP does not. Or sometimes just moving the SP a few spots in the SP manager will trigger the episodes to be picked up.

Jan

7. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm soooooo ready for another season. :)

8. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    We Got A Hot One Tonight! Wahooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

:)

9. tammyinmi

tammyinmi New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Redford,...
    I have a TIVOHD and I could see the show listed in my guide, and when I selected to create a season pass, I seleced "First-run only". After several days, I noticed that the show was not in my "To Do List". It was at the bottom of the list saying that there was no upcoming shows. After changing the settings to "All with duplicates" in my season pass I was finally able to see the show in my "To Do List". If I try and go back and select first run only, then the show is de-selected. Just trying to figure out what was causing this to happen.

10. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    What does your detail screen show? Is there an episode number? Can you see an OAD?

Jan

11. tammyinmi

tammyinmi New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Redford,...
    Well, I played with the setting a bit more and looked at the details of each episode.

5/22 show says episode 401 OAD 5/22/08
    5/26 show says episode 401 OAD 5/22/08
    5/28 show says episode 403 OAD 5/28/08

If I go back and choose first run only settings, then I only get the 5/28 show set to record. I could see why it would not choose the actual 5/26 show since it thinks its a repeat, but it will not even choose the 5/22 show on 5/22 when the settings are First run only. I must choose All with duplicates to get the first show to record.

I guess I will just keep an eye on it and see if the details change when it gets closer to the air date. Thanks for you help. :)

12. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    What does your Recording History say?

Jan

13. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    P.S. This evening I discovered that MTV is showing Season three -- there's a big block of episodes tomorrow. The annoying thing is, the episodes do not line up with the timeslots, so if you are trying to replace icky recordings (like yours truly) you can't just select the episodes you need from the Guide Data. But anyway, if you want to re-watch to get yourself warmed up for the new season, there they are.

(I stumbled on this too late to see Jamie and Hok in the hummingbird-flower routine again, but did catch Wade's 'Angel and Devil' routine with Neil and Lauren.)

P.S. during the show tonight they had a teaser for the next season of "(Randy Jackson presents) America's Best Dance Crew", coming in June -- Thursdays at 10 PM on MTV. Season 1 was a ton of fun. Check it out.

Jan

14. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Tonight's show (5/26), according to the ads, is a repeat of episode 401.

Wednesday's show is Salt Lake City (403) and Thursday is more new auditions (405). Each 2-hour episode covers two audition days.

My guess is that they originally planned to show each day of the auditions as a single episode, or plan to do so in future (when the season is re-run, as last season was on MTV recently), thus the odd-numbered episode numbers.

So until the show starts, and settles into the regular timeslot (as much as there is such a thing on TV these days), watch out for audition days colliding with other shows on the To Do List.

For those of you who missed the LA Auditions when they aired last week, try to catch the show tonight -- you don't want to miss the final dancer on the second day.

Jan

15. timckelley

timckelley run of the mill TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Brushy...
    Season premier exactly one month from today, at 7 pm Central.

16. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Yup....ready and waiting. And anyone that is a DwtS fan that hasn't watched SYTYCD, you should give it a try. Lacey and Chelsey are SYTYCD vets.

17. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    And Dmitry, who was Holly Madison's partner.

18. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I looove SYTYCD. It is really the best of the dance shows. Although...I must say that I still have a soft spot in my heart for that one a year or so ago that was picking the leads for a revival of Grease. It was just so bizarre. I think it was called You're the One that We Want. Sort of American Idol meets SYTYCD.

19. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    We watched that voraciously with our daughter (now 11). We were so hooked into it that we got tickets to see Grease in NY with Max and Laura. Then we went home a little disappointed as they just were not up to the level of the other players.......

20. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    On BBC America, there's a similar show called Any Dream Will Do, where they are trying to find a lead for a new West End (London) production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. (Well, "trying to find" isn't quite right, as the show is about a year old, and I'm pretty sure that the winner has completed his run as Joseph.) Note that, unlike the Grease version, only men compete, probably because only women competed in the first version of the show (How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?, which cast a Maria for a The Sound of Music revival.)
    The Broadway run closed in January, I think, although I know Taylor Hicks is now part of the national tour.

-- Don