So You Think You Can Dance - Finale

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TXTivoUser, Aug 16, 2007.

1. TXTivoUser

TXTivoUser Jeep Ninja

Nov 27, 2002
    Denton, Texas
    What gives - it's not being broadcast in HD today.

FIOS, N. TX.

Anyone else getting it in HD?

2. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm in HD here - Comcast, South Jersey/Philadelphia.

3. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    HD here, Comcast - Manassas, VA.

4. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    YES YES YES.

the right person won. Very pleased with the results.

I do wish they'd ended the show with 'You Can't Stop the Beat' instead of Mia's number, though.

5. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I think they switched to SD because of the storms.

I agree 100% JoBeth the right person won and seeing her smile and reaction was awesome.

6. etexlady

etexlady Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2002
    East Texas
    Agree the right person won. I had been pulling for her ever since Sara left. And, speaking of Sara, she got a lot of encores tonight so I was glad of that.

7. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    +1 - obviously she did SOMETHING right, and I still think she got a bad draw with her partner.

I also would've liked to have seen more of Sabra & Danny dancing.

8. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    I wish they would have done a better (or at least different) job with time management tonight. They announced the winner (YAY!! I was happy), but then there was no time left for reactions, flashbacks, etc.

I could have done without the jibjab bit.

9. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    This shows never been in HD. It is widescreen SD as are most reality shows on FOX. I thought it was HD last season as well since it looks so good.

I'm happy that Sabra won. I would've only been satisfied with her or Neil.

10. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Something is screwed up at my building, so this week, I had the suckiest video signal ever. :(

I figured Sabra would be the winner when I was calling last night and repeatedly got a busy signal on her number.

With the guest solos, you can see why I always have to watch the audition rounds. There are always good solo dancers who are not going to make it on the main show, and you can't count on them getting a guest spot in the finale.

Always interesting to see the judges' choice routines. I saw several cases where the technical glitches of the first performances were smoothed over -- good job. And if I'm not mistaken, Hok and Jamie have added some grace notes to the hummingbird and flower program. Their spacing seemed very different on the embrace at the end. No doubt they'll work with Wade between now and the tour and get everything just right before they take it on the road.

The season's over. :(

Why can't they do 'best of' DVDs for each season with the top performances? It's not fair.

Jan

11. aepman

aepman Member

Oct 3, 2000
    Grayson,...
    I suppose I have to go against the flow. I wasn't happy that Sabra won. She was technically good, but I never connected with her. Early in the season, I had the same feeling for Danny. The technique was there, but I just didn't connect with him. Later on, I got that connection from him.

I would have like to seen a final 2 with Danny and Neil (or actually Danny and Pasha). I did not like Danny or Neil early on, but they won me over. Sabra on the other hand, I never disliked; however, I never was engaged emotionally by her performance....not for any particularly logical reason--just a feeling.

I got much more of a connection from Lacy. I didn't want to see her win because I thought her technique was not there (as compared to the others). But I felt more from her performances than Sabra's.

This is really a strange situation for me. I am normally a logical person. Logically I should appreciate Sabra's technique more. However, for whatever reason, when I watch this show I react more from my feelings than my reasoning. Perhaps it is the fact that it is a dance show. I've never had much exposure to dance. Maybe with more exposure, I'll be able to give the technical aspect more weight. Right now, though, that's just not where I'm at.

Anyway, I'm certainly not upset that Sabra won. I can recognize her ability. She's just not the one I would have chosen.

Todd

12. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I said before this show that I wouldn't be disappointed if any one of the four won. They were all very good and the performance show highlighted their talents.

Sabra deserved it - she progressed the furthest (not that the others didn't) and probably has the most potential. With only 4 years of training, she has developed the fastest and can be molded easiest, I would think. But of course, IANAD.

13. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I called it right on every elimination last night! I felt like Sabra would win, but would have been just as happy if Danny won.

I couldn't believe how many of the judges' favorite routines to see again were Sara's! She got lots of exposure last night. I would have liked to see one of Lauren's dances though.

14. TXTivoUser

TXTivoUser Jeep Ninja

Nov 27, 2002
    Denton, Texas
    Maybe not where you are - but every single show has been in really good clear crisp HD this season....except the finale. Oh well...

15. dolfer

dolfer Miles Standish Proud

Nov 3, 2000
    Milford,...
    Are you sure about the HD? My TV says it is in 720p. It looks incredible. I am using Time Warner Cable.

Of course whenever there are storm warnings the broadcast INFURIATINGLY switches to SD.

16. Indiana627

Indiana627 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Vestal, NY
    It is NOT in HD anywhere. SD 16x9. I too was sure it was HD at one point but since I have seen the light. I wish all shows in SD looked that good.

17. Indiana627

Indiana627 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Vestal, NY
    Neil was in 3 of the judges favs too. I wish they had done his and Lauren's angel/devil routine. I think Neil could have a future in acting. Of all the dancers, he seemed to have gotten 'into character' the most and the best. Unlike Dom's cheesy and over the top characterizations.

18. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I wonder how many of the favorites were determined by looking at hits on youtube and comments the fox message boards. I thoroughly enjoyed the show.

It did seem unfair that Danny didnt get his goodbye. Decision announced and show is bang over.

They should give him his goodbye and then let Sabre or any final winner get a final rehearsed solo.

19. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    IMO, they picked them off in the same order I would have. Once Lacey was out of the running, I truly would have been happy with any of the top three winning.

I do agree that they should have managed their time better. There was no time to digest the winner.

Did anyone else notice that during the number before Kat & Nigel "danced" that there were only three judges sitting up there? Speaking of the judges, I had never noticed how tiny Shane was! Dan at least looks tiny, Shane does not at all. he looked so funny standing next to Mia.

20. Indiana627

Indiana627 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Vestal, NY
    Nigel and Cat's "dance" was very dumb. Not funny at all. I didn't care if they danced or not, I'm just trying to say it was not funny like they hoped.