So You Think You Can Dance - 8/13 Decision Show

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JoBeth66, Aug 13, 2007.

1. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002

Advertisements

Ugh.

Lacey's in the finale. Should NOT be surprised, and yet I am. I was really hoping that America would vote her out.

And Danny was only a bit of a surprise - I did think it was going to be a tossup between him and Neil.

I wondered how they kept the results quiet for 4 days..clearing the studio audience was a pretty smart idea. :)

And Sabra is in, not a surprise. I still think she should take the whole thing.

WOW. And just wow. I really expected it to be Pasha. And from the look on his face, so did Neil. And so did Pasha.

So, there's our final 4.

Sabra, Lacey, Neil & Danny

I am looking forward to Wednesday.

2. firerose818

firerose818 Now 65 pounds less! TCF Club

Jul 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was very sad to see Pasha go. Especially shirtless Pasha. :(

But as long as Sabra wins it all, I think I will be happy. I really think Neil is in because of the tremendous board room routine with Sabra last week.

3. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I expected Pasha to go they got rid of every other "partner" type dancer all that is left is soloist types.

I was surprised Lacey made it I thought America would ship her big mouth home but since the majority of the voters are probably people who own a big mouth billy bass they like the resemblance.

Sabra is my pick for who I want to win it all.

4. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Am I the only one who thinks that Lacey's support comes from people who remember Benji from last season (not to mention Lacey's initial audition) and think that voting for Lacey would lead to the two of them gaining some sort of celebrity status? (I keep having this vision of a riot at the first tour city when they announce that Benji will not be making a "surprise guest appearance"...)

(And if it really was down to Lacey and Kristin in Vegas for the last spot, I wouldn't be surprised if the real explanation was more like, "We prefer Kristin, but we have been, well, 'persuaded' (e.g. by Fox) that Lacey has a much larger fan base.")

-- Don

5. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx

Advertisements

You're not the only one.

And what's with a total of 4 hours before we know who wins?!!

6. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Although I don't think Danny or Lacey will be the final two but I don't vote.

It would be ironic if they did as sort of a rematch against of last years final two IE Benji's sister against Travis's brother with Travis finally winning out.

7. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Lacey's a partner dancer-- her specialty is swing.

8. cpalma

cpalma New Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Being objective here, this is my first year watching SYTYCD. I also didn't watch the audition shows, just the performance ones. I think Lacey was a good call. With who was left, she was better. However, I agree with all of you that Sabre should win the whole kit and caboodle.

I also think Pasha should have won over Neil, but at this point, it doesn't matter because Sabre is going to be the winner. :D

9. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    So sorry to see Pasha go but I am still holding hope that Sabra takes it all.
    Please God, not Lacey... please. I'd rather see Neil than Lacey and I don't think he is worthy at all.

10. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I think last week really pushed Neil through this week. I figured Lauren would be gone. She was still being silly on stage. Why can't she just be still, smile, and nod. Keep your mouth shut girl and you'll go further!

I was also glad to see Pasha go. I think right before they called it he looked too cocky and sure of himself that he would go through.

I will definitely be voting this week, for Sabra! I was going to check her bio on fox, but I don't want to see any spoilers for Hell's Kitchen. Is Sabra the girl who's only been dancing for 4 years. She's really great.

11. HIHZia

HIHZia Mad Turk

Nov 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Every week I hope Lacey will go and every week I'm disappointed. So many better dancers got booted before she did. I just don't see the appeal. :(

Sabra is now my top girl and Danny and Neil is a tossup. I think Neil is more of a performer but Danny is a better dancer. If he continues to loosen up his personality I think he'll be big.

12. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

Yes, Sabra's been dancing for only four years. I think she's amazing and deserves to win the big prize. Of the guys, I think Danny is the best dancer, but unfortunately most people seem to think he's too cocky.

It didn't occur to me what zalusky mentioned, Travis's brother vs. Benji's sister. That would be cool, as long as Danny won that pairing. I haven't seen Lacey do anything that ever really impressed me the way Sabra and Lauren have. I think Lacey has taken Nigel's comments about sexy and went with sleazy. There's a big difference.

I like Neil a lot, but I think Pasha is a better dancer and should have been in the final. Like I've said before, I'll be happy with anyone winning except Lacey. I still don't see how Benji won last year over Travis, so I don't have high hopes this year.

13. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Well I like Lacey ;)

14. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I don't really think he's cocky. Actually I think he is quite nervous.

Personally I think the winner has a combination of skills in solo dancing, partner dancing, versatility in styles, and personality/charisma.

Danny is probably the best in solo skills but I think the others far surpass him in partnering skills and CHARISMA. So the final order I would pick would be:

1) Sabra - great charisma, exceptional soloist, and great partner
    2) Neil - great charisma, great soloist, great partner
    3) Lacey - mediocre charisma, lousy soloist, good partner
    4) Danny - zero charisma, exceptional soloist, average to weak partner

15. timckelley

timckelley run of the mill TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Brushy...
    I will be happy if Lacey wins it all. :)

Frankly, on the decision show's 3 female solos yesterday (the ones that don't count), I thought Lacey's was the best.

16. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    Really?

I totally see her as a one-trick pony. Spin & try to look sexy. Sabra uses the entire stage, she has completely owned everything they've thrown at her, she's taken criticism to heart and made changes based on the comments from the jidges, and she has given more than 100% to everything she's done.

I don't see Lacey the same.

17. timckelley

timckelley run of the mill TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Brushy...
    When I see Lacey, she looks to me like she's trying hard as well, but I concede I've seen her dance in sexy ways before, though her solo yesterday didn't seem to concentrate on the sexy angle, so I don't think sexyness is the only trick in her bag. The smooth waltz is another example of her not relying on sexiness. The judges have praised the sexyness aspect in the past, so I don't blame that as being one of the tricks in the bag, but I agree it should not be the only one. I just personally see Lacy as being talented beyond the sexiness aspect, which is why I like it when she wins.

On an unrelated note, I think she'd look better if she got rid of the nose piercing, but I suppose it might appeal to part of the audience, for all I know.

18. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was wondering who would be the first to mention the nose piercing. I'm surprised it took this long.

19. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    ....and don't forget she's endured Dominic repeatedly dropping her on her head. ;)

20. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Anybody notice how Danny was hugging Lauren for a very long time last night.

Not that it really matters but my radar is really off.