So while I was at the dentist this morning... (bolt network question)

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by arglebargle2, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:10 AM.

1. arglebargle2

arglebargle2 Member

Mar 22, 2019
    While I was out for an hour this morning, my Bolt switched itself from MOCA to wifi, abandoning the two minis in my house.

My wife was watching tv on the mini when I left this morning. When I got back the minis were giving an error that they couldn't find the bolt.

Everything was working fine this morning, and I didn't have any network issues (that I know of)

Rebooted the Bolt, rebooted the minis and everything seemed to come back to normal on the MOCA.

Any ideas what would have caused the Bolt to turn on wifi and abandon MOCA? Is there a way to prevent it from doing this in the future?

The way my house is laid out, one of the minis is too far away from wifi to be usable, so I can't have it switching itself to wifi.

maddoxlc likes this.
  2. arglebargle2

arglebargle2 Member

Mar 22, 2019
    As a follow up, I'm now missing a few channels. Nat Geo Wild, Animal Planet and a couple others. I'm on verizon fios.

I get a 'Searching for signal on this channel... V52' error. Checking the signal strength on that channel I see it has a full strength 100 signal.

Not looking forward to calling Verizon to try to figure this out.

Interestingly, when I was on the fios website and ran the channel missing troubleshooter, the tivo+ ads disappeared from the guide.

I didn't expect the troubleshooter to work, because its not a fios box obviously, but that was a welcome side effect! (ahh they came back in about 15 minutes)

3. maddoxlc

maddoxlc Tivofan

Nov 29, 2015
    I have a Bolt connected to a mini box and another Premiere XL4 connected to a mini. All devices were connected to one another via MOCA without any issues for several years. Suddenly today all the devices say that there are no network connections.

I can watch live TV on both the Bolt & XL4, but the minis are no longer connected. The Bolt & XL4 both say the network is no longer MOCA connected.

I’ve rebooted everything, but no luck. Seems like a similar issue as arglebargle2.

Any ideas?

arglebargle2 likes this.
  4. maddoxlc

maddoxlc Tivofan

Nov 29, 2015
    24 hours later: I rebooted all the devices and everything came up connected!
    I have no idea why all the devices went out at the same time and theN miraculously came back online.

The only odd thing is that the Tivo commercials don’t play (just a black screen is displayed for about 30 seconds before the recorded show starts to play).

At this point I’m just thankful everything is working again.