So sorry to say goodbye

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Jerry_K, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Jerry_K

Jerry_K Don't know much

Feb 7, 2002
    Maryland
    We have had TiVo for 12 years. First on DirecTV with the SD DirecTiVos both Series one and then Series 2 hacked for MRV functionality. Then DirecTV messed with guide listings and we missed two programs. Unacceptable. So the Series 3 was just out and it was time to go HD anyway. We switched to Cable with five Series 3 lifetimed. Wonderful. Retired and decided to travel full time so dug out the old DirecTiVos and put them in the RV. DirecTV was promising the TiVo interface on an HD box that would get all the programming. At least we didn't get hornswaggled with the MPEG2 HR10-250s. Waited and waited and waited. Along comes the THR22-100 and my hopes were sky high. Alas, it does not have MRV and most likely never will.

I gave up and got two Rupert Boxes for the RV. They are no TiVo for sure but at least we have HD on our two HD displays. No dual buffers continually, no good guide style, trick play is not very good at all, and there is no ability to move programs. We do have seven tuners on just two boxes. We can watch stuff from the other box while it is recording and the Series List (Season Pass) can be altered to have different defaults.

So long to all, will not have to visit here until the next good thing that can move with us comes along in the TiVo interface.

So now I must say goodbye to TiVo.

2. Len McRiddles

Len McRiddles New Member

Dec 21, 2002
    U.S.S.A
    Take care and good luck.

3. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...
    Yep, doesn't sound like you have much choice in your situation. Perhaps someone will hack MRV into the new DirecTiVo box but it seems likely that it's locked down tighter than the old boxes.

4. donnoh

donnoh Member

Mar 7, 2008
    It's pretty hard to get cable to go. Enjoy your life on the road.

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Just because you give up TiVo doesn't mean you have to stop posting here. ;)

Happy Trails! :)

6. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    STOP, there is a solution! First - Sell the RV...:D

7. Jerry_K

Jerry_K Don't know much

Feb 7, 2002
    Maryland
    I don't think so. While not having TiVo is an aggravation, not being on the road would be torture. This is the absolute best way to live.