So I pulled the plug on my HD TIVO

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Hersheytx, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Hersheytx

Hersheytx New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Dallas

Advertisements

Got the email from Directv about my Tivo not being able to record HD from Directv.
    I already have 2 HD DVRs from Directv. Have two more a friend is giving me. He got married and she has FIOS.
    But the email from DTV caught my eye. It said I could get a free HD DVR. No money and no extension of my contract.
    I planned to keep the Tivo for over the air stuff, but decided it would be easier just to turn it off and upgrade.
    Sometime this week I will switch off all my Tivos. Had one more in my exercise room. Going to replace it with my friends Hr22 model.
    Hope next year I can buy the new HD TIVO. Sure would like to give Tivo my money. They do a great job and I want them to succeed.

Buh bye Tivo. I love ya

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I think only those that haven't upgraded from the HR10 will get a free HR2x. Make sure you get something in writing if they say you can get a free unit with not committment.

3. shibby191

shibby191 New Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Be careful here. 99.9% chance that your friends HR22 is leased and he cannot sell it or give it to you. If he's done with it then he has to send it back to DirecTV or they will charge him a non return fee of $400+ bucks.

4. sk33t3r

sk33t3r New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Houston, TEXAS
    I got a free upgrade to a HR20 and in the small print it says 24 month contract, the guy on the phone said there wasnt a contract but there is. BFD to me, I hate cable tv.