So I got my Pro... copied SP's and now the To Do list is all meh...

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TiVo_Fanatic, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Dec 8, 2015 #1 of 11
    TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa

Advertisements

Ok, so I got my Pro. Set it up and went to transfer my SP's online from the Elite to the Pro. Well, the transfer itself seemed to work ok but when I got on the Pro to check it out. I noticed it listed channels as ALL and record in HD when possible. While normally this would be all fine and dandy. It made to To Do list look like a battle field when I have set to record New Only.

Anyone else get this when they transferred SP's from one TiVo to another online ?

Would be nice if I could copy them as they currently exist with channel designations etc.

Edit: I would / could do em by hand but I have waaaaaay to many to make that feasible.

2. Dec 8, 2015 #2 of 11
    HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I used kmttg to transfer my Season Passes from 2 S3 OLED's to a single Roamio Pro and they came over with the channels specified as they had been on the S3 OLED's.

Glad that I didn't do it online!

Scott

3. Dec 8, 2015 #3 of 11
    TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    Well, online makes em easy to delete as well. So with kmttg, will it work with ones not showing any thing available on channels, like you might get with shows on a bit of a hiatus ?

Also, got any "safe" links for the program ?

4. Dec 8, 2015 #4 of 11
    HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Yes, I was able to transfer all of my Season Passes even for shows that aren't currently showing (and a few that probably aren't coming back). You can delete (or not copy) Season Passes using kmttg and I believe reorder them as well although I've not explored the latter feature yet.

Check out the kmttg thread in the TiVo Home Media Features and TiVoToGo forum here. First post from the author has the link to more information and the download.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=387725

Scott

5. Dec 8, 2015 #5 of 11
    TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa

Advertisements

Thx, I'll check it out but will it also facilitate the transfer of shows as in physical recordings from one device to the other or has TiVo since made it easier to to this from the now playing list I think is how it was / is before.

Ty.

6. Dec 8, 2015 #6 of 11
    HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    No unfortunately you still need to do the transfers the same way. I've started but it will be some time before I get everything copied over as we've got a backlog on some series.

Scott

7. Dec 8, 2015 #7 of 11
    TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    Same here lol.

Here's hoping I can figure out the SP thing as that's all I guess I will need the program for.

8. Dec 8, 2015 #8 of 11
    TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    So all but 5 shows transferred over like a charm, except for 5.

The funny thing is, these 5 shows all have / are on the same channel. All the while, other shows on the same channel transferred fine.

Thoughts ?

Code:
    RPC error response:

{

"code": "internalError",

"debug": "",

"text": "Unable to get channel.",

"type": "error"
    }

9. Dec 9, 2015 #9 of 11
    HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Probably better to post over in the kmttg thread where the experts (and author) can respond.

Is your Roamio validated to receive that channel as it sounds like it doesn't think it's a valid channel? Make sure it's checked as a channel you receive also.

Scott

10. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    it happened to me transferring from premier to roam pro
    no Chanel number on any

11. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    Will post there after this but as I said, I have other shows on that same channel that transferred fine.