SNL--SF Bay Area (2/3/2018)

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by aforkosh, Feb 3, 2018.

1. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA

Advertisements

It looks like SNL will not be live in the San Francisco Bay Area on Saturday, February 3. KNTV has an SNL Football clip show scheduled from 8 to 9 and other programming filling the rest of prime time. The scheduled show with Natalie Portman hosting is not scheduled until 11:30.

Note that the SNL twitter page claims it will be live on the West Coast. What's going on in other Pacific Time Zone locales?

Here's the SNL Twitter header:
    "The official Twitter for Saturday Night Live. Watch live coast to coast Saturdays at 11:30et/8:30pt on @nbc. FEBRUARY 3: Natalie Portman / @DuaLipa"

Looks like someone messed up.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Mikeguy likes this.
  2. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    The TitanTV listings for KNBC (Los Angeles) match the ones for KNTV - an hour-long cut of a 2007 episode with Peyton Manning and Carrie Underwood at 8, followed by "The NFL Honors" from 9 to 11. KING (Seattle) and KCRA (Sacramento) also lists this.

Note that this is also what is scheduled in the east from 8 to 11 Eastern.

3. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    My understanding is that the 1-hour special is more than a cut-down repeat episode, but is instead a "Best of Football" clip-show compilation of past sketches; however, it might be a reair of the same special they aired last year.

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I'm not in the Bay Area, but in the same time zone, and noticed that the SNL is on my Tivo Guide for 11:29pm instead of the 8:30 it's been for a little while now. It would make sense if it were on the same day as the Superbowl.

I also show an SNL football special at 8pm, then there is a show called 'NFL Honors' at 9pm for a 2-hour slot. 11:00 looks like an NBC local news show.

5. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA

Advertisements

"NFL Honors" is when they will announce, among other things, this year's Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees. It may be that NBC decided that this was more important to air than a SNL episode that they would repeat 3 1/2 hours later anyway.

sharkster likes this.
  6. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Makes sense to me. :)

7. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    It is a "best of football" show - NBC confirmed this at the end of its Millrose Games coverage

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, there was some other site that I saw write a complaint about this.. it was in the guide data at LEAST that day, probably earlier.. dumb that they tweeted the wrong thing.