SNL "Scarlett Johannsen" 1/15/2006

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Graymalkin, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    No comments about this uninspired show, other than:

1. S. Jo would look good in a burlap bag.

2. What was the melody underlying the Swedish Chef Ringtones? I played it for my musical geek co-worker, and he swears it is the theme to "Beverly Hills Cop." It's available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=9o9wdzJZxHg.

2. Skittles

Skittles West Coast citizen!

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    It was indeed the Beverly Hills Cop theme song, Gray. :)

3. JakeyB

JakeyB Member

Apr 24, 2003
    Yeah, that's Beverly Hills Cop.

4. JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Axle F I believe it is called? I could be wrong though....

5. gtrogue

gtrogue Mentally Hilarious

Jun 18, 2001
    Atlanta
    You're right. Axel F by Harold Faltermeyer.

6. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    According to Wikipedia, it is indeed "Axel F."

Thanks, guys!

7. JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Woohoo!

I am so smart....I am so smart....S-M-R-T...

D'oh!

8. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Alive at...
    Some British dweebs recently did some sort of frog sfx thing to Axel F and made ringtones out of it. It became a Top40 radio novelty hit a few months ago.

The Swedish Chef thing was a direct parody between that and the cooking show they were doing. :)

(The Brits were called "Crazy Frog" and their video is available here.)

9. mdsutherland

mdsutherland Act Accordingly

Feb 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    :up: Couldn't agree more!!

10. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    I want another Axel Foley movie.

SNL was pretty boring this week. Nothing was necessarily awful, but nothing that great.

11. TiVoKate

TiVoKate Cue the circus music

Nov 14, 2003
    Natick, MA
    ...and the Crazy Frog clip took his voice from here... ... The Insanity Test...which I can't watch without almost peeing my pants. One of my fave web gems.

12. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Wow that was a very lame episode. They really crashed and burned after that excellent pre-christmas episode. The lameness of the episode is especially evident since most of the discussion in this thread is the background music for the Swedish chef ringtone.

13. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Agreed. Throughout the episode, I just kept thinking "Wow. This episode is so friggin boring. I would stop watching it if Scarlet wasn't looking so dang hawt. But wait. She was in Horse Whisperer, which I saw as an adult. This is so wrong."

14. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I can see they have so much potential with the cast they have now, though. Seth Myers, Parns, Hammond, some of the new guys.

15. Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    i kept thinking this ep is so boring and i kept focusing on how scarlet would not look at whoever she was doing the skit with...i know alot of people read the cards most of the time...but the funniest part of the show was that she wouldnt look at who she was talking to but she would look past them far off in the distance......she is hot though

16. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Well, for the obnoxious "sweet 16" character, that was probably on purpose.

The cold open was brilliant! Anything that makes a mockery of that f**king tool Pat Robertson gets :up: :up: from me.

17. Tenor72

Tenor72 New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    The Deep South
    Pleasantly surprised this week-it is my ritual watching SNL on Sunday Morning getting ready for Church. Scarlett was actually pretty good-even though it seems like the hosts have really tried to carry the show this year-she was like in every skit. However, I will admit a few chuckles and RWs. Esp-the chandelier piece! LOL!

18. EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    If I remember correctly, the outfit she had on during the opening skit looked like a burlap bag and she did NOT look good in it.

That fashion travesty aside, she is a beautiful girl. SNL was just awful with her this week though. An unwatchable mess. The "Sweet 16" thing was funny, as was the Weekend Update line about "dropping bombs" in a Starbucks restroom. Other than that... :thumbsdown:

If anybody just discovered Scarlett Johanssen this week and wants to see more, check her out in "The Island." God, I loved that movie. It was a hit overseas and received some critical acclaim, but didn't do well domestically.

19. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Her reliance on the cue cards was bugging me for some reason; usually it doesn't. Perhaps it was because she was so blatant about it. Funny how different hosts are more capable at knowing their lines than others. Perhaps it has something to do with how much time they really put into rehearsals and whatnot during the week. When C. Zeta-Jones was on (back in October?) I don't think she had to look at a cue card even once.

20. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    The only part of the show that I laughed at was the opening.

They let Robert Smiegal do a cartoon opening for the first time (I don't think they've ever opened with a cartoon before) and it was a scream!! Very funny!

Pretty impressive that they got the animation done so quickly too. Wasn't Robertson's asinine comment about Sharon's stroke being a "punishment from God" only made a few days before the show aired?

After that, I only kept watching for the same reason most other people did, to gawk at the breathtakingly beautiful Scarlett Johannsen.

PS: PREDICTION:

Finesse Mitchell is going to get to play Ray Nagan, the mayor of my former home town of New Orleans again next week.

I can't see how SNL could leave the comment "New Orleans will be a 'chocolate' city" alone! :D