SNL S37 (2011-12) Cast Changes Predictions

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by getreal, Aug 22, 2011.

1. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Each season brings cast changes to the ever-growing list of "regulars" performing on SNL (although I would prefer a much smaller cast as was done at the beginning in 1975).

So this 37th Season should bring some new faces and some regulars may be gone.

Any predictions for who will no longer be on the show?

I'm guessing some of the latest additions in the past season will be gone, as they hardly had any screen time, so they had little or no impact.

Kristen Wiig (who I really like but I know many detest), I predict, will remain along with Jason Sedaikis, although they both have promising TV and movie careers.

What do you think?

2. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Kristen Wiig doesn't really get the credit she deserves. If she's off the show, it'll be entirely of her own choosing.

Two newbies annoy the crap out of me-Jay Pharoah and can't remember her name all teeth that does the stupid Miley Cyrus impressions. Which means they'll be on the show for years. (Vanessa Bayer-it just came to me.)

I'm okay with everyone else. I hope Bill Hader never leaves, because I just adore the Vincent Price specials.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see either Taran Killam or Paul Britton go-neither one really got the chance to shine, and I kept getting them confused.

3. tem

tem Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2003
  4. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
  5. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Oh, I don't know-Taran Killam got some good screen time here and there, and mmm...him pretty! :p Mama Like! Mama Like!!:D;) I really like him and I don't think I'm alone. I hope he stays. :eek:

He reminds me of Jason Sudeikis-a good utility player, can play young or old, can do musical comedy if needed-but (sorry, Jason) - much better looking ;)

6. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    Who's the guy who does the awesome impressions of Will Smith and Denzel Washington? I hope he stays.

7. Michael S

Michael S Member

Jan 12, 2004
  8. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    That would be Jay Pharoah ... I predict that he will be a break-out star of SNL.

9. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Yeah, I don't get the Jay Pharoah love. I don't think his impressions are anything special. And that's all he's got in his tank.

And Regina, I think Killam is handsome as well. He's funny when I recognize it's him. :D

10. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I'd bet a dollar that he won't. He does his two impressions, but doesn't seem to have much more than that going on.

11. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    In a sketch in December of 1998 (Alec Baldwin's monologue), Jimmy Fallon played the "Ghost of SNL Hosts Future" and transported forward in time to December 12, 2011, when Jimmy was hosting SNL.

Well, Jimmy Fallon will host SNL on December 17, 2011. (Apparently the writers in 1998 didn't bother to make the date they picked a Saturday).

12. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Probably didn't think we would be here...you know Y2K and all.