SNL 2017-2018 Season 43 Live from Coast to Coast

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by wish_bgr, Sep 30, 2017.

1. wish_bgr

wish_bgr Member

Jul 18, 2014

Advertisements

Here on the West Coast, the timing is for 8:30-10:00p but the usual start time is a minute before the half hour, 11:29p (when broadcasted at its original time)

I think it's due to the preceding show, which is from 8:00-8:30 [Will & Grace '17] and is scheduled for the full :30

I didn't get to early start for a minute, and although it was a cold open, let this be a head's up to start recording a minute earlier until the programming guide reflects the correct time.

mattack likes this.
  2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    thx. I haven't watched yet, but notice mine also started @ 8:30. Wish they could get it together already w/this ridiculous Rovi program.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sometime I wonder what it must be like to work at TiVo now. I know they do things since the boilerplate for daytime MSNBC changed last week. But now TDS is showing on my To Do List at 7am. If I check zap2it, I see late night has changed the Seasons for some shows, yet the TiVo guide has not. It's so random. I wonder if there is chaos or just incompetence. I gave up sending in guide error forms since it seems even the form can cause a problem. Well, enough rant for today.

sharkster and Mikeguy like this.
  4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Good rant, Joe, and right on. It's gone so far beyond ridiculous at this point. There might have been probs with Tribune Media, but it was a fraction of a percent of what Rovi has dealt. :( We pay for this service and we're getting crap.

wish_bgr likes this.
  5. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006

Advertisements

SNL too political!

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    The very end seemed clipped too in the orig airing, but I recorded the 11:30 just to make sure I had the very beginning & end, and he did say goodbye.. Nobody did a full rundown, but some of the skits LATER were funny.. and the guy who designed the font they made fun of loved that skit.

7. wish_bgr

wish_bgr Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Start time for this week's new episode (Gal Gadot/San Smith) has a correct time of 8:29p here on the West Coast, but ends at 10:00p. I've added a minute both before and after the scheduled time and will report back on how accurate it is.

8. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    I've usually added 5 mints of padding at the end. The show often goes over by a minute or two.

mattack likes this.