Smith to be cancelled?

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by jlb, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Oct 5, 2006 #1 of 33
    jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT

Advertisements

According to today's (Thursday) USAToday, it is expected that Smith will be this season's first casualty......

Smith scored a low 8.4m viwers for the third episode on Tuesday.

2. Oct 5, 2006 #2 of 33
    MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I LOVE this show!!!!!!

3. Oct 5, 2006 #3 of 33
    itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    ohio
    I have 3 on my Tivo to watch.............looks like I may as well just get rid of them.

4. Oct 5, 2006 #4 of 33
    MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    still worth watching, the first one was almost like a mini movie

5. Oct 5, 2006 #5 of 33
    jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT

Advertisements

Agreed with Mike. We watched the premiere and I loved seeing Ray Liotta on the small screen. We'll probably watch the other two, but since we are getting backed up they may go.....I need to get my wireless adapters soon!!!!!

6. Oct 5, 2006 #6 of 33
    tgrim1

tgrim1 New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Iowa
    I told my wife the same thing after watching it! I thought they have been pretty good so far. They should dump one of the gazillion "Lost" theme clones instead.

7. Oct 5, 2006 #7 of 33
    deezel629

deezel629 Active Member

May 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    Well, since I like the show, OF COURSE it will get cancelled!

8. Oct 5, 2006 #8 of 33
    BigT4187

BigT4187 WDW Nut

Jul 24, 2006
    GSP Exit 17
    That's always the way, isn't it?

I really enjoy the show.

9. Oct 6, 2006 #9 of 33
    gamera87

gamera87 New Member

Aug 30, 2004
  10. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
  11. bullitt

bullitt New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    Laguna...
    It reminded me of The Italian Job or original Thomas Crown. Very crisply done with good cast. Perhaps too well done for unwashed masses.

Much better than Shark or Justice which is an updated Mannix or Cannon type show.

12. jrock

jrock Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Connecticut
    Grrr... I knew they would cancel this because last year there was show just like this where each episode they where preparing for a big heist. I think it was called The Heist or something. I loved it and bam they canceled it. I liked this one to and bam what do ya know. If it was another CSI they would of probably kept it =/ seems like everyone loves the crime stopper shows but not the crime maker ones.

13. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Crap. That was one of about two new shows I had decided to watch.

14. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...
    Just because they cancel a show that you like doesn't mean they cancel every show that you like. You only notice it because it's being cancelled. :D

Do you like every new show? Do they cancel shows that you don't like?

15. Fahtrim

Fahtrim Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    The show was horrible campy crap. Better off just getting a cheap cheese action movie.

In episode 2 how about the needless motorcycle chase scene or the Hummer stupidty.............. Turned if off and deleted it before finishing.

16. whitmans77

whitmans77 Member

Mar 5, 2003
    just goes to show that the tv viewing public is very weird in its likes and dislikes. Sure it was "cheesy and campy" but what action shows on network tv arent. I love the UNIT and it gets kick butt ratings but you know its just as cheesy as Smith. I think this shows that America does not like criminal , heist type shows where the characters are the bad guys. Look at recent failures in the genre(most of which i liked). I will miss Smith probably b/c of Liotta but Im sure that will leave me some time to record another show

17. jrock

jrock Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Connecticut
    This show and The Heist last year both remind me of Oceans 11 / 12 and they where hit movies. I don't get why people don't like it. I hate the ratings system. They really need to change it. Specially now that more and more people are getting DVR's and TiVo's, who really watches commercials anymore anyways. The whole concept of ratings is becoming pointless because all people really see on a certain channel anymore is the channel logo.

18. EMoMoney

EMoMoney Big and Tall

Oct 30, 2001
    Abingdon,...
    I knew I had a bad feeling today when I checked my todo list/recorded history and saw that it had been removed from the guide. I wonder if they'll at lease show the remaining episodes at some point? I don't get it, can The Class really be doing better then Smith?

19. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Uh, yes. The Class can be doing better, especially in key demos.

In reality The Class is airing in a time slot/night when CBS does very well given their line-up of comedies airing against other networks offerings.

CBS has proven this multiple times in the past -- witness the relative success of Yes!, Dear. Witness the success of King of Queens (despite Leah Remini's fatness :p ) and other similar shows on that night.

Things may change up soon, since CBS is flipping the time slots of How I Met Your Mother and The Class, but that remains to be seen.

20. whitmans77

whitmans77 Member

Mar 5, 2003

yeah those were pretty popular movies. i think the difference is the comedy aspect. Those were kind of quirky. I wish more networks would do what nbc is doing with kidnapped and at least let the writers develop a an out and a finish to the story, ecspecially now that there are more serial dramas.