SMATV system provisioning to Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lionels, Sep 1, 2019.

1. lionels

lionels New Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I am the owner of several SMATV headend systems where our modulation is QAM, we broadcast 48 to 60 channels, no receivers in rooms. Most properties are Senior Living Retirement facilities. We need to submit our channel lineup to TiVo and we need to know which product is best for out customers to recommend for simple recording. Some customers have TiVo that worked with SMATV analog/OTA system but doesn't seem to work with our QAM system. A Engineer with the manufacturer of the QAM modulators said I need to contact TiVo to submit my channel lineups and get recommendation for product. I have tried calling and emailing for weeks to no avail, perhaps this will help.

In the past we submitted our information to Tibune Media services who took care of this but they say they no longer do this with TiVo we have to submit direct. Again, please we are in dire need of you help.

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I've been involved with a couple similar systems, working for one of the residents.

One particular building already had a TiVo Lineup published and using the correct Zip Code would result in the Lineup appearing in Guided Setup.

I wouldn't guess that submitting a Lineup Change using the regular 'form' on TiVo's website would be the optimal method of accomplishing this, but I'd also guess it would work...have you just tried that?

Report a Lineup Issue

There does appear to be a section for 'missing provider'.

I'd suspect that if you provided your telephone and/or email address that you'd eventually get it done...

-KP

3. lionels

lionels New Member

Aug 31, 2019
    The problem with forms is they are for TiVo customers, who has a TiVo
    It ask "Your TiVo service number is a 15-digit number." I don't have one so I don't have 15 digit number. I am the owner/operator of the SMATV TV systems.
    There has to be someone with TiVo who can actually work with me. I have 9 properties with over 1000 customers so I am asked about recording and TiVo seems to be the only resource. Just need to find a way "in-the-door".

Thank you and let me know if you have more suggestions.

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
  5. Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    You need to go here:
    https://b2bsupport.tivo.com/
    Set up an account and then submit a lineup report under metadata
    I have a email address for the guide metadata but I can't post it here.

kpeters59 likes this.
  6. lionels

lionels New Member

Aug 31, 2019
  7. Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    I sent you a PM. To find it just click on your profile and it will be under conversations. If you need more posts then just make a couple of posts in order to get access to PMs.