Smallville "Sleeper" 4/28/08

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Graymalkin, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...

Advertisements

Oh, this was bad. Very, very, very bad.

Jimmy and Chloe reenacting "True Lies"? Gack!

Clark more worried about Lana than being controlled by Lex? When is he going to see the big picture? Chloe should've taken a kryptonite bar and whacked him upside the head with it!

Kara back on Krypton in 1989? A message in Swann's records that they know wasn't there before? God, I hate, hate, HATE time travel, especially when it's so badly done like this.

Jimmy Olsen, press photographer, has a Volvo? A little out of his price range, don't you think?

From now on, I'll be fast-forwarding through every episode.

Have at it, folks. Just how bad was this?

Edited to add: Sorry for the misleading date in the thread title. That should be 4/24, not 4/28.

2. yaddayaddayadda

yaddayaddayadda New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Fort Mill, SC
    It was so bad I punched myself in the privates for watching it. Is this the last season?

3. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    It was pretty bad, and the time travel is bad. But did you see the previews?
    Clark Kent in the nerdy glasses!

4. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    This show is so bad I don't know which episodes are good and which are bad anymore. I thought this one was okay.. :eek:

5. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

There were so many things horrific about this episode that I don't even want to mention them.

And why did the previews show Lex riding up on a snowmobile but it didn't happen in this episode...and perhaps not in next week's either. SO Frustrating!!!!!

The time travel stuff was bad, but I found it more interesting than anything else happening in this episode.

So basically next week is erasing Clark from history....like they did on an episode of "Lois & Clark" as well.

6. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    OK, I haven't seen the episode yet, but...

Chloe stripping? How can that be bad?

Greg

7. toddvj

toddvj New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    Sadly, she doesn't strip like Jamie Lee Curtis, but she does dance with Jimmy rather sexily.

8. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Yes, I will admit that Chloe got into the spirit of that tango toward the end. Jimmy, on the other hand, was stiff and uncomfortable throughout.

9. mrpope

mrpope Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2006
    canceled my SP. too much other good programing on thursday.

10. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    I really hope there is an end-game in mind for this show, but I'm sure not seeing it.

11. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Another meteor show hits Smallville only this time wiping out everyone but Clark, Chloe, Lois, Lex & Kara.. Tragically (SARCASM about the tragically) Lana is crushed by the largest meteor in the storm. THE END. :D

12. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    Clark is an idiot. Does he get one of those brain machines like in Star Trek?

How can someone this STUPID grow up to be a hero?

"Lana is all that matters"...... YOU IDIOT.

"Jor-El is responsible for Kara missing!" YOU IDIOT. Even chloe acted like that didn't make sense. So they even made their own characters act like Clark is a moron.

Jimmy sure is handy with all those gadgets, but isn't he a bumbling type later on? Did he switch brains with Clark?

Doubtful, since he lets a total stranger convince him Chloe is a terrorist.

13. holee

holee Uncertain

Dec 12, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    A few brain cells died at the end, when Chloe made the incredibly intuitive leap about time travel. It just came out of nowhere.

Okay, on one hand, this is a sci-fi show.

On the other hand, is there anything these people won't consider? I mean, the sheer willingness to accept this theory. No build up, just boom, hey she's back in time.

14. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Gotta love the super-stealthy "spyware" that announces all over the screen that it's copying your files and sending them somewhere. :D

15. cstelter

cstelter Active Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Mankato, MN
    I'm a very forgiving person and typically sigh at all the folks who exclaim their dislike over a show. Not that such claims are without merit, but perhaps I just have lower expectations.

That being said, this is the first episode of smallville in a while where I caught my self thinking (not just once, but many times) boy this is a bad episode.

I agree with everything you've stated and I'll add a few more.

Who leaves thier pdas out on the table while they dance at a club?

How old is the 'I owe a Luthor' theme.

Did Clark use *any* superpowers this episode? Has he lost his superpowers? Couldn't he just superspeed to the Luthor mansion superspeed pick-pocket the keys and be back before Chloe finishes the sentence 'Have our found the keys yet?'

It really was a waste of an episode.

16. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Excellent points, those. I did the :rolleyes: for those, too. I think I hurt my neck with all the :rolleyes:

17. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    From the opening pre-credit sequence, I was thinking that something was "off" in this episode. That thought kept coming back over and over again. It felt like they took an old script from a different show and just changed the names and a few details and presented it as a Smallville episode. Is this fall-out from the writer's strike, or just an example of really BAD story-telling? I was SO unimpressed. Not even Chloe's dress and dancing could make up for the awful rest of the show.

After being given a concussion once in that room, you would think that Chloe would move the chair to the other side of the "table" in the middle of the room. That way, everyone walking by couldn't see she was doing, and SHE could see who was watching, and entering the room.

I heard it was renewed again for next season. How are they going to accomplish this when Lex has already killed Lionel, and Alexander? Wasn't that to be the point where he becomes irrevocably evil?

So what exactly is that gadget that Lex found in the safety deposite box?
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Yeah, a stiff neck...

Off topic: I always wished that someone would write a plot like this and when the bad guy finds the gadget in a similar situation, that the device turns out to be a decoy, and the real secret is written in invisible ink on the inside of the box or envelope. The bad guy just throws away the secret, keeps the useless gadget, and is defeated by his own short-sightedness.

18. Mars Rocket

Mars Rocket Loosely wound

Mar 24, 2000
    Sinnoh region
    I knew it would be bad from the very beginning, when they pulled out the "xx hours/days earlier..." card. That just tells me the writers were too lazy to make the first 40 minutes entertaining so they had to jump to the end to get the audience engaged.

Then when Jimmy and Chloe were dancing (and oh so well at that) I just felt bad for the actors for having to work in this episode. At least Erica Durance was spared the humiliation.

19. needo

needo New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Wow. I wish all it took was a case full of gadgets to turn me in to James Bond.

20. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    One thing that killed me.. the only time Jimmy used the damned ninja mask was while he was in the vent and when he snuck up behind the guy. He pulled it down WHILE he was crawling through the vent. Wouldn't he have put it on sooner, like as soon as he put the spy outfit on? There was absolutely NO PRACTICAL REASON for him to have a mask on. He took it off as soon as he stunned the guy, IIRC.

The only reason to have him wear it was so that he could take it OFF at the beginning of the show so we could see who he was, and be all like, "JIMMY OLSEN???"

What's good in this series could fit into about three hours a season, and yet I still watch. WHY, dammit, WHY???

:D