Smallville - Reckoning Speculation -SPOILERS maybe

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by timr_42, Jan 20, 2006.

1. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    Who is going to die next week? It is a major character but some can be ruled out
    1 Clark - well, if he did that would be the end of the show.
    2 Lex - he can't die as he is the villain of the show
    3 Lana - I think as the love interest she is safe

It could be
    1 Martha - I don't think so, but she is a possible
    2 Lois - because of her history in the storyline, she should be off the hit list, but if she did that could be the reason that Chole could start using her name again as a reporter and become the real Lois of the story
    3 Chole - she is a big possibility. Two strikes against her, she knows Clarks' secret and she is expendable. I would hate for her to go, but it could drive Lois into becoming a reporter.
    4 Krypto, is he still around ;)

The person I think will die is

5 Jonathan. He has had heart problems, and could have a heart attack causing the car accident. This will be a huge blow to Clark because it's another example of that he can't save everyone.

Any other ideas?

2. glumlord

glumlord New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    St Louis
    It would make sense to me that it's Jonathan.

That would make lex the senator and have more power to exert control and do his evil acts. Therefore being more the arch-nemesis of superman. Remember the dream that he had where he was president in the white suit destroying the earth or something..

3. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    While Chloe, Jonathan, or Martha would be the most logical choices, as they're the most expendable in terms of the Superman mythology, I'm thinking they very well could do away with Lana. They've already seriously messed with the mythology by (1) removing Pete Ross from the scene, and (2) putting Lana into a triangle with Clark and Lex. So why not kill her off? And in such a way that Lex and Clark will blame the other one for her death, which will drive the final wedge between them?

Chloe can die a meaningful death next season.

4. Figaro

Figaro El Caganer

Nov 9, 2003
    Somwhere in...
    Actually the producers have said that two people will die in this episode. My money is on Jonathan and Lionel or Lana. It would be so sweet if it was Lana! But my guess would be that they would bring her back as I feel the "you will see two deaths" is a set up as only one person will actually die or stay dead.

5. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    The previews sure make it look like Lana. And if you add that to the guide description... well, my money's on her. And Jonathon. Though I hope not him, because he's my favorite character on the show.

What's more interesting is HOW the death(s) will happen. If Lex actually causes it through his actions, directly or indirectly, it would pretty much seal the end of his and Clark's tenuous friendship and begin the slide into mortal enemies territory.

Edit: Gray has said it better than I did. :)

6. JasonLP

JasonLP Member

Jul 3, 2003
    Maybe it will be Pete?

It would be kind of cheap on the writers' parts to kill off a character that hasn't been on, but he is close to Clark, and they did mention him in the previous episode...

-Jason-

7. Figaro

Figaro El Caganer

Nov 9, 2003
    Somwhere in...
    They have already said that the death will not be due to any actions of Lex.

8. glumlord

glumlord New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    St Louis
    Actually pete might make sense..

In the previews for next week they showed a car accident. I didn't recognize the car.

Pete was a huge fan of driving fast and cars. Perhaps he got in a car accident and died.

9. Figaro

Figaro El Caganer

Nov 9, 2003
    Somwhere in...
    Looked like Lana's car to me.

10. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I vote Lionel Luthor.

11. Figaro

Figaro El Caganer

Nov 9, 2003
    Somwhere in...
    He may very well die but he is neither loved by Clark, nor loved by him.

12. Figaro

Figaro El Caganer

Nov 9, 2003
    Somwhere in...
    Hell if you really want to know one of the soon to be departed then, click on this :eek: ***HUGE SPOILER*** :eek: link! Think it through though as this is a direct link to screen caps that show the truth. Once you click there is no going back!

13. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    Sacre Bleu!

14. Chandler Mike

Chandler Mike Lost

Mar 29, 2002
    Chandler, AZ

That sucks man...I'm sitting here with my cursor over that link...do I...or don't I...do I...or don't I....

15. Figaro

Figaro El Caganer

Nov 9, 2003
    Somwhere in...
    Well if you really care about the show, don't do it. If you are just a casual fan like me then do it.

16. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Has the sheriff already been declared dead from yesterday's ep? ;)

17. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Oh my God they killed Kenny!

Oh, wait, that's that other show.

18. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Those photos don't say anything about who dies.

Edit... I guess it does. I didn't get a close look at one of them.

19. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    The thumbnail doesn't show the entire screencap. There's more detail -- extremely telling detail -- if you click on the thumbnail.

20. Mr. Belboz

Mr. Belboz version 1.0.3

Dec 3, 1999
    Cincinnati, OH
    Possible further big spoiler.

I read on krpytonsite.com that an Executive producer hinted of two deaths. Speculation is one of the two will be brought back somehow. (by Jor-El presumably).

Jonathan and Lana were the picks. Most people think Lana will die in a car wreck, and Clark will ask Jor-El to revive her and he will, but then Jonathan dies. Possibly with Jonathan making the sacrifice for his son.

It could be the reverse also. Jonathan dies and clark gets Jor-El to bring him back, but then Lana dies in a car wreck.

Clark is definitely wearing a suit in the clips linked to above with Jonathan at the fortress, but with Lana he is wearing his normal Smallville clothing.