Smallville "Bride" 11/20/08

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by zordude, Nov 20, 2008.

1. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH

Advertisements

Meh.

There was about 5 minutes of story I was interested in, a major departure from recent improvements.

handycam footage :thumbsdown:

wedding coverage :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

lana :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Alison mack putting on her garter :up::up:

Z

2. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Annnnnnnd that's all, folks, until Jan. 15. Eight weeks. Whoo hoo!

Hated the digicam footage. Alison Mack does not look good in videotape.

3. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I enjoyed the digicam footage. Of course I briefly did what that guy does for a living, so I'm partial.

I enjoyed the episode, about the same as most of the other Smallville episodes this season. I'll miss Supernatural more during the break though.

4. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    The barn? Really. THE BARN? Why the heck would she even want to have her wedding in the barn? A field, yes. The house, yes. But the freakin' barn? Give me a break.

Otherwise the episode was ok with me. Lana looks much better with shorter hair and that hairstyle. I guess we are to assume she is working with Lex?

5. hanumang

hanumang Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Pittsburgh, PA

Advertisements

While we didn't get to see that much of it, I thought the Doomsday makeup FX looked pretty nice. Surprisingly faithful.

6. yaddayaddayadda

yaddayaddayadda New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Fort Mill, SC
    What a blatant Cloverfield ripoff. Did Chloe's eyes look black there at the end? I certainly don't see how clark couldn't catch up to doomsday....

7. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    Green Arrow said something about communications with Tess Mercer in the early part of the show. Thinking it is Lex is probably misdirection.

8. bobcarn

bobcarn Birthday Hug Monkey TCF Club

Nov 18, 2001
    Trenton,...
    I think Brainiac is back in her. Doomsday seems to have taken her to the Fortress, where Brainiac was hiding. I wonder if they'll kill her?

I wanted to slap Clark when Doomsday showed up. He stood around way too long along with everyone else. What a putz! As soon as everything started going all Cloverfield, he should have been out investigating.

I like Lana much more when she's aggressive, like when she was talking to Ollie. I still don't like the yearning, emo Lana when she's around Clark.

9. EvilMidniteBombr

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    I am basing my theory more on how Lex got the video from Chloe's wedding. Lana seems to be the only option. No one that actually works for Lex or Tess was at the wedding as far as we know. Plus she was there to ambush GA. She is getting texts from someone that seems to be working against GA.

The only reason I can think of her working for Lex is to keep an eye on him to protect Clark.

Another little nitpick. You think Superman would keep a lock on the little lead box that contains the only thing on earth that can kill him? I mean, what happens if he's cleaning out that desk and accidentally drops the box, it pops open and... UH OH! Kryptonite exposure and no one around to save his dumb butt. I'm really tired of all the conveniently placed Kryptonite in this show.

10. zuko3984

zuko3984 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2002
    I don't even understand why he is keeping Kryptonite in his house. If the idea is that in case he goes bad it can be used to stop him, well who would know to use it. The only people who know his weakness are off who knows where. Does Oliver know his weakness. If he does wouldnt it make more sense to give the Kryptonite to him if he trusts him.

Another nitpick that bothers me is where is Clarks mom and where is Pete. You would think they would come back for the wedding. At the very least a line of dialog saying something about them not being able to make it would have been nice. It just seems like the forgot that Clark has a mother who is still alive. They never mention her anymore and it kind of annoys me.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    "My Mom's become a..." [shudders in disgust] "...politician. She's dead to me."

12. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.

The Kents have kept that piece of kryptonite and the same lead box for years.

13. gastrof

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.

The Doomsday character predated Cloverfield by about 13 years.

Ever read THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN?

[​IMG]

This was published somewhere around 1994.

14. gastrof

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.

And the baldheaded person who's seen hooked up to all sorts of equipment right at the end, that's not Lex.

Uh huh.

:p

15. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    I thought he was talking about the digicam stuff being the ripoff. Not the Doomsday character.

Z

16. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    OMG! That was very startling. I'm so startled.

17. bobcarn

bobcarn Birthday Hug Monkey TCF Club

Nov 18, 2001
    Trenton,...
    Like zordude said, the scene was very Cloverfield. Hand-held digicam, ominous sounds of unidentifiable destruction in the background, people who never watched horror movies standing around densely going "gee, what's that?", shaky unclear footage of monster appears, dense people suddenly realizing they shouldn't be there.....

18. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    So they didn't rip-off Cloverfield, they ripped-off a 14-year-old comic book?

Much better. :rolleyes:

:D :p :D

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Kristin Kreuk looked absolutely beautiful. And like old times, her appearance coincided with another "meh" episode.

I want to echo the "Who the heck gets married in a barn?" sentiment.

They need to drop the "Lois falling in love with Clark" crap right now.

20. EvilMidniteBombr

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    I know that. But it would make sense to put a small lock on the darn thing. Not really to keep people out, but just to keep it from opening accidentally.