Smallville 1/19 - Lockdown

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JYoung, Jan 20, 2006.

1. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

So how many times now has Lex been shot this season?

And some people should be happy that the Sheriff got offed.
    And I'm not sure that a Panic room is my idea of better security.

I found the Clark/Lana/Lex triangle rather ehhhhh.
    Jonathan Kent's Senate races was more interesting.

Anyone catch the demolished red pickup in the background at the Kent farm?

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    One of the first times the Sheriff actually behaved nicely towards Clark and she gets killed.

The whole storyline in this episode struck me as a bit off. Even in the context of the Smallville/Superman universe, I thought it really lame and stupid.

3. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    And many spoilers in the previews, especially adding the guide data description with it. Looks like quite the pivotal episode, though.

4. Chandler Mike

Chandler Mike Lost

Mar 29, 2002
    Chandler, AZ
    Yeah, a ton of spoilers...

The one frustrating thing in this whole show, is why Clark is so dumb in not just telling Lana.

Chloe took it fine, his other friend did too...of all people., Lana will appreciate the truth...

And I know why the writers haev to keep it this way, but it just seems to me that Clark would see how his other two friends reacted, and would realize he can just tell her...

Mike

5. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...

Advertisements

Yeah, but I think the point is that Clark can't think straight when it comes to Lana.

Such a subtle hint when Clark tells his mother how he can't imagine loving someone else someday -- and Lois walks in. Yeah, subtle. As a brick upside the head.

6. Chandler Mike

Chandler Mike Lost

Mar 29, 2002
    Chandler, AZ

No kidding, he said that line, i heard the car motor and I told my wife "Enter Lois..."

Sure enough...

7. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I laughed out loud when I saw the mangled truck. How many times has that thing been destroyed, only to look pristine in the next episode. It was nice to see a little realism for a change.

A Panic Room is a great idea, as long as it has a secret exit into the caves or something. Lex needs to install a BatPole in there.

Selling the "back 40"? Have we heard them mention the "back 40" before? I think we did, maybe in the first season.

As much as I was annoyed by the sheriff, I was sad to see her get offed.

8. Tangent

Tangent Aluminum Falcon?!

Feb 25, 2005
    San Jacinto, CA
    Did anyone else notice how the blue truck they have apparently used to be one of the red ones that gets destroyed every few episodes? They didn't even bother to paint over the red in the engine bay where Jonathan was working...

9. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    You mean, the one that gets destroyed, then magically repaired between episodes, like Buffy Summers' house? :)

10. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    They don't have a Xander-mechanic scooby about, though, so even less plausible. My theory - Clark uses heat vision and his hands to beat it back into shape in his spare time.

11. kmcorbett

kmcorbett Member

Dec 7, 2002
    Newton MA
    Clark's fear about telling Lana is well-founded. The 1st meteor shower killed her parents and ruined her life. He's afraid she will blame him. Yes for her to react that way would be somewhat irrational but it would be consistent with her character as shown so far.

12. Drewster

Drewster Connoisseur

Oct 26, 2000
    SoCal
    This whole episode was about lies (again, yawn), but I did get to wondering when Lana will get around to realizing that all the men in her life are unreliable louts.

13. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    This show has become like a duece in the toilet.

14. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I don't know about that. She's been friends with some meteor freaks so far, and didn't hold anything against them. She had a kryptonite necklace hanging around her neck for years for goodness sakes, I think she's come to terms with the whole thing by now. But if Clark wants ANY kind of future with her, he has to tell her. And come to grips with his fear of sex. :D

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You (and maybe Clark) should google "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex." His fears are justified! At least if Larry Niven has anything to say about it... :D

16. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    I thought Chloe's analogies made sense though, to some extent anyway. I mean, one is not usually as in control of one's body during sex as one is while shaking hands. If I were Clark, I'd suggest to Chloe that since she knows his secret, they could run some tests - purely for the sake of science, of course - in case his fears are justified, he wouldn't have to explain anything to Lana. That's what friends do for each other, right?

17. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Purveyor of Idiocy

Nov 19, 2002
    Somewhere...
    Well, friends that can touch anyway.

18. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    She very well might NOT take it well. Being lied to all these years and not being trusted. Plus her parents were killed in the metor storm that was used to shield his arrival. Yes not his fault but, she may not see it that way or even agree. She may think he started / caused the metor storm (And not his father).

19. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Another story line they screwed up. The sheriff always disliked him. Now she wants him as cop? When did she start to like him?

20. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

They had to make her likeable before they killed her... otherwise we wouldn't have cared.

Has anyone seen the commercials for the next episode? They're different from the previews:

either they're giving away who dies, or there is some major misdirection going on