SLOW Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by ckelly33, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I just had my Series 3 replaced due to chronic crashing/green screens (several times a day). The one that arrived to replace mine looked to be new so far as I could tell. I have noticed that when I use the now playing list and choose any title I get such a delay that I wonder if it is ever gonna start up.

My other one didn't do this and if it did, it wouldn't ever start up - and of course it wound up failing. Any one else seeing ths? I almost didn't hook up my external hard drive (Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750mb) thinking using an external drive prematurely (before official release) might be a part of the problem. Now I'm wondering the samething again.

BTW - once I go through the menu and press PLAY, it takes about 8 seconds to actually proceed to playing a video.

Thanks

Chris

2. drew00001

drew00001 New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    It may be running slow because it is still processing guide/setup information. This would be especially true if you plugged in your eSATA drive while the TiVo is still processing these functions.

Edit: Nice TV.

3. ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Still slow as crap starting up most programs from the Now Playing List. 3 days out from starting the TiVo up. Processing shouldn't be a problem at this point.

Any other suggestions or experience with this issue?

4. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Has it updated to the latest software yet? What version is it running?

5. dig_duggler

dig_duggler Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I'm seeing kind of the same thing here. Slow response on everything, no indexing is going on, hoping the hd is not crapping out on me...

6. ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Mine finally did die and was replaced by TiVo (still in warranty). The next one started doing the same but once I removed the Seagate FAP 750, I've never had a probelm again.