Slow remote response after 6.3e

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by snickerrrrs, Aug 20, 2007.

1. snickerrrrs

snickerrrrs Tech-no Guide

Mar 30, 2006
    Southern...
    The remote on my R10 is really slow to respond after 6.3e installed, has anyone else noticed this problem? :(
    Is it just a coincidence?

2. chrishicks

chrishicks Tivo Junkie

Dec 30, 2003
    MI
    I just turned on the unit that has the 6.3e update(I didn't know it had it at first) and everything was/is slow. when I hit live tv" I was stuck at a black screen for atleast a minute before a pic showed up. no guide or anything. I went back to the menu and it was fine. I went back to live tv and again everything was/is super slow. I hit the guide and that took a minute to show up. switching channels from within the guide also nets a slow response. I don't like this update at all.

3. hyde76

hyde76 New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Only for the first few minutes. After everything had a chance to catch up and synch with the sattelites everything went back to normal for me. Not to be too much of a smart a**, a change of batteries sometimes helps too. My original remote batteries lasted something like two years and the remote worked sporadically for a while until I replaced them.

4. snickerrrrs

snickerrrrs Tech-no Guide

Mar 30, 2006
    Southern...
    I'm having the same issues as Chris Hicks; 2 to 3 seconds for the guide to come up for example... I mean it's not the end of the world, just annoying. :(

5. dspyder

dspyder New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I'll chime in to say that I'm noticing a LOT better remote response. Our remote has been dying lately despite battery replacement, and today since 6.3e it's working a lot lot better.

Menu response time seems to be about the same.

Just starting playing to see what else is new...

6. dtremain

dtremain New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    New Jersey
    Right after the re-start, my guide was taking a couple of seconds to load. Now, eight hours later, it's back to normal.

7. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    All seems good with my HR10 that got the update last night.

8. perkat2

perkat2 New Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Illinois
    My remote is responding too well. Since the update I know get 2 or 3 of whatever button i push. A reboot didn't help. I know have a 90 second skip. :rolleyes:

9. 5&counting

5&counting New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    When did they start with the 6.3 updates? I'm still at 6.1 on all of mine. Is there anything that I can do to try and coax an update?

10. spasternack

spasternack New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Snickerrrs did you ever get it fixed? Its driving me crazy

11. chrishicks

chrishicks Tivo Junkie

Dec 30, 2003
    MI
    I still hate this update. everything is still acting the way it was when I posted before. its not as slow as it was then but almost though. I guess I may be planning an HDD purchase soon just in case. plus, its rebooting every single day now which it never did before this update.

I pulled the phone line to my other one until i know whats going on here.

12. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    I haven't updated my SD tivos to 6.3e yet (no MRV of course), but my HR10 that I did upgrade hasn't seemed to have changed one bit. Bare in mind that if the alternate partition set the new software is installed on has bad sectors, it doesn't matter what software version is installed there, some problems (slowness, freeze-framing, etc) are guaranteed to arise.