Slow Multi-room transfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by bug00, Nov 29, 2006.

1. bug00

bug00 New Member

May 29, 2003

Advertisements

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing extremely slow multi-room transfers recently. The onset seems to have coincided with the new 8.1 software release, as nothing (absolutely nothing) else in my wireless Home Network or TiVo set up has changed. And my wireless Home Network speeds (when accessing it with my computer) are still as zippy as ever, so I know the network is working just fine.

I have been transferring programs between TiVos for well over a year, and the transfer times had always been relatively the same. However, in the past week (since my second TiVo finally received the 8.1 update) the times have increased exponentially. As just one example, right now a 1-hour show recorded at Best quality has been transferring for 12 hours, but is only at 46 minutes completed.

I noticed in the forums there are some transfers problems using TiVo To Go...but this is just using the regular Home Media Option of transferring between TiVos.

Anyone else? Any suggestions?

2. brunson

brunson New Member

Apr 26, 2005
    I found this post just now because I've found multi-room browsing to be incredibly slow after an upgrade from a few weeks ago. The transfers go faster than my viewing, but I record everything at basic, so I don't think that's too much of a benchmark.

I'm pretty dissatisfied that it takes 5-10 seconds to load a page of now showing or the details of the recording. I think it's the remote TiVo as I use pyTivo to pull content from my computer and it serves up menu data just fine.

Overall, I feel that my Tivos are quite a bit slower since the last upgrade.

3. jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    I'm seeing the same thing.

4. mollsd

mollsd New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    I too am seeing the same thing since the upgrade. Anyone been able to successfully troubleshoot this?

5. csmorris

csmorris New Member

Dec 22, 2003
    Denver, CO

Advertisements

me too..

6. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I'm seeing transfers with pyTivo (curl) crash.

I wonder if it's the same cause.

7. westside_guy

westside_guy Annoyingly ephemeral

Mar 13, 2005
    The soggy...
    Hey, you two "me too" posters - did you notice the dates on this thread? It's probably not the same issue at all.