Slow MRV transfers with new Access Points

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by doncross72, Aug 27, 2007.

1. doncross72

doncross72 New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    I have 2 dtivos (DSR7000 and HDVR120) that are using Linksys USB200M V1 wired adapters connected to Trendnet TEW-430APB access Points. Both dtivos are running 6.2 software (I have installed the daylight savings patch). I hacked these long ago and installed the backport USB 2.0 drivers (not sure which version). When running Viewsonic WAP-BR100 access points I would get ~1.1 MB/s transfers from tivo to tivo. The Viewsonics have since died and I have replaced them with the Trendnet access points. I am not getting ~.55 MB/s with the Trendnet access points. If I hardwire the tivos to my Linksys WRT54G router, I still get 1.1 MB/s transfers but as soon as I start using either 1 or 2 wireless access points, I only get .55 MB/s. I don't want to keep them hardwired because I would have cables running all over the house :) I have even removed the USB adapter and access points from my tivos and hooked them up to a laptop an can get ~1.5 MB/s transfers from PC -> laptop. Anyone have any Idea why I am only able to run ~.55 MB/s when using the new access points?? I have set the new access points with static IP addresses where the old access points were running DHCP.... Don't see how this would change anything....

Anyone have any ideas on what to try or check?? I am totally stumped and have been pouring over the backport threads and anything else that I can find and haven't found anything that helps.

Thanks,

Don C.

2. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    Stating the obvious, it looks like the problem is something with the AP setup. what kind of ping times do you get when you ping the AP's?

3. doncross72

doncross72 New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Pinging from the bedroom tivo to the livingroom tivo and vice versa I get ~7-9ms. Pinging the bedroom AP from the bedroom tivo I get ~2-3ms. Pinging the AP's from a windows pc I get ~2ms. Pinging the tivos from a windows pc I get ~3-4ms.

Thoughts??

Thanks,

Don C.

4. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    Seems about right there? Let me ponder a while.