Slingbox

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by drsteinmd, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. drsteinmd

drsteinmd New Member

Mar 24, 2018

Advertisements

Outside of really disliking the new TiVo user interface, my Slingbox hasn’t worked since. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, I was going to NOT upgrade on a Mini but it doesn’t let me. Anyone figure out a way to NOT upgrade? It seems to ask me if I want to upgrade but then gives me no other choice. Also, can I undo the upgrade on my TiVo Bolt? How about if I reset the Bolt, will I get new or old?

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    You can reverse the Gen4/Hydra upgrade--there are threads here on that. Note that you will lose the recordings on your box (transfer any you want to save off the box first).

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Re: software version on the Mini, see this post. ('gist: Mini is forced to same software version as its host DVR.)

Re: downgrading the host DVR's software...
    • Downgrading the host DVR requires a factory reset, snuffing all recordings and settings.
    • Some recordings and settings can be backed-up and restored using a variety of tools; post if you need more details on backup and restore, or alternatives.

4. drsteinmd

drsteinmd New Member

Mar 24, 2018
    Need more details on backup and restore. Thanks. Also, do you know where I would find the rulers to downgrade a Bolt?

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

Same instructions work on a Bolt. And you should look at pyTivo Desktop for downloading shows off of your TiVo (and then uploading them back after the downgrade). This does assume that your shows are not copy-protected by you cable provider.

Easier to use pyTivo

Scott