slingbox

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tedjacob, Apr 18, 2011.

1. tedjacob

tedjacob New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    i am about to buy TIVO. As i understand the connections, the cable goes into the TIVO box and then into the TV. How do I connect the Slingbox so that I can watch TV on my laptop from another location? Do I simply put the 2 Slingbox antenaoe around the TIVO like I did around the cable box?

2. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    It depends on what Slingbox you have. For instance, my Slingbox uses component cables. So there are 2 sets of these cables running between my Slingbox and Tivo Series 3 for the input and output signals.

Either way your Slingbox instructions should help you.

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Since you have a TiVo, you connect its A/V to the Slingbox. Of course how depends on what TiVo and/or Slingbox models you have. RF will not be involved with the TiVo connection.

Yes, you put the Slingbox IR emitters such as they illuminate the TiVo's IR sensor.

4. natahoa

natahoa New Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I am planning to spend the summer at my second home. I will take my Tivo Premiere with me so I can record off the air, but I would also like to be able to transfer shows from my home Tivo (uses cable broadband) to the Tivo I will have with me for the summer (using DSL).

Is this possible using Slingbox? How well does the data transfer? Is there any other way to transfer recordings to my "on the road" Tivo from my home Tivo?