Slingbox Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Adam1115, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Adam1115

Adam1115 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver ish
    I have two TiVo's in my main cabinet, will the slingbox work ok with just one of them?

2. GumboChief

GumboChief New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    yes.
    You might need to build an IR fort if the sling starts to change channels on the wrong tivo

3. KenW

KenW New Member

Mar 19, 2001
    Twin Cities
  4. Adam1115

Adam1115 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver ish
    Really? Even with the correct code?

The 'ir fort' is not an option, they are on top of each other, and still need to be able to work with the normal remote and the leapfrog.

5. GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    Not with the correct code. I have two right next to each other on different codes and never have a problem using the slingbox on one from upstairs and someone else using the other.

6. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    You just need the correct code that has a TiVo address of other than Zero, and the TiVo and its remote set to that address.

7. Mabes

Mabes Ex-Smoker

Jan 12, 2001
    Warwick RI
    Can you watch something while it's being recorded and will it work with a non-TiVo DVR?

8. nhaigh

nhaigh Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Lawrencevill...
    Slingbox works with pretty well any video source. It does not record anything, simply relays video output from the device out across the net to a computer or cell phone. It's kind of like one very long composite video cable running from the source to the computer.

9. Apr 2, 2008 #9 of 12
    veruca salt

veruca salt I want it NOW!!

Jun 30, 2007
    Now I'm biting...

I want to be able to connect an HD TiVo and an S3 TiVo. Do I have to get a Pro to be able to do this? Or will a Solo do what I need? I don't really care about being able to watch in HD from it because chances are I won't be watching on an HD TV. I'm assuming that I'd have to be watching on an HD TV in order to be able to take advantage of the HD picture. I know that with the Pro you also need to get the HD connect.

Of course, I'd want to be able to control both TiVos remotely. I saw where "The remote however can only control one TiVo as you cannot assign a number to it."

Can someone elaborate? Does this mean what I think it means? Don't plan on using it with two different TiVos because you can only control one of them?

10. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    veruca salt : My advice would be to buy two slingbox classics.

11. nhaigh

nhaigh Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Lawrencevill...
    I have two classics, one connected to an S3 and one an S2. When you fire up the Slingplayer the first thing it does is ask which TiVo you want to connect to.

If both TiVo's are in the same location you get the option to define which remote number you are using when you set up the slingbox itself.

Attached Files:

12. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    The SOLO can only handle one input. Although it might be worthwhile to get 2 SOLOs. That way both can be connected to component to get the best video quality. The classic will give you less video quality than the SOLO, but if video quality isn't an issue, you could always get two of those.