Slingbox Pro + VM Tivo

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by Nikki, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Nikki

Nikki New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    N.W. London

Advertisements

I've been using Slingbox Pro with my S1 Tivo for a couple of years. Now I'd like to switch completely over to my new VM Tivo. Anyone know how to set up the Slingbox remote to control the new box? The only options are: Code 1 and Custom. I don't know what you're supposed to enter for Custom.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. smokie

smokie New Member

Dec 27, 2002
    There is a V+ remote as an option in the right Slingbox software. That controls many (but not all) functions. I expect Slingbox will release a VM TiVo one in a while.

3. Nikki

Nikki New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    N.W. London
    Thanks smokie! I now have some control over the box. I don't think there's a thumbs up equivalent. I can live with that for the moment. I can't live with being tied in front of a TV to watch anything. I mostly watch from my desktop or laptop.

4. Fred Smith

Fred Smith Still learning

Oct 5, 2002
    Reading,...
  5. Nikki

Nikki New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    N.W. London

Advertisements

The Remote Learning Tool doesn't do much for me. I've tried IE, FF in Windows XP and Windows 7. Gives a blank box. Seems like others have the same issue.

The V+ virtual remote doesn't give the equivalent of a Tivo pause button.

Anyone mind sending me a VM Tivo remote for Slingbox I could download and import?

6. Nikki

Nikki New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    N.W. London
    By removing all security in Internet Explorer I've got the Remote Learning Tool to work. It's one the clunkiest application I've used. But it works enough to program a subset of TiVo remote keys. If you want to amend just one key then one must go through the whole tedious process and reprogram all keys.

7. Fred Smith

Fred Smith Still learning

Oct 5, 2002
    Reading,...
    If you have an issue with the Slingbox set-up go and tell them their forums. Posting your issues here won't resolve anything.

So you are now able to control you TiVo correct? So I guess you missed the 'Thanks' button!

8. Nikki

Nikki New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    N.W. London
    It was a million-to-one chance that paid off.

I can control Tivo. With the frustration of getting everything to work all etiquette went out of the window. Of course Fred, many thanks!

9. TIVO_YORK99

TIVO_YORK99 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    York