Slide remote has terrible battery life and lag

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jboy, Sep 23, 2011.

1. jboy

jboy New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    In the last few months we have noticed that our slide remote has terrible battery life and about a 5 second lag when stopping fast forward or reverse buttons. Has anyone else noticed this issue. When we revert back to the old remote it works fine.

2. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Mine is very speedy and the batteries last a long time. So no, I have not noticed this issue. You may just have a lemon.

3. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    I'm very pleased with mine, it's one of the few recent things Tivo has got right.

As far as the lag, the location of the receiver is important. When I first received it, I had terrible lag with it positioned behind then Tivo. After I used a USB extension cable to move the receiver up front, all the trouble went away.

Never seen any issues with batteries.

4. mwacosta

mwacosta New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    I have a series 3 and I get really bad lag with the slide remote even if I use the extension cable with the receiver. There are times where it works fairly well with little or no lag, but when it starts up, it's practically unusable. Recently I disconnected the receiver and just use it as a regular IR remote. It works great that way. I just can't use the keyboard.

Maybe the lag has something to do with model of TiVo you have.

5. acer

acer New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    no lag but battery drains faster than I expected

6. jrfuda

jrfuda New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    No lag here. Same batteries for 13 months in 2 different remotes on TiVos that are watched about 30 (kitchen) and 90 (master bedroom) minutes per day. They're used rather actively becuase we almost never watch live TV, so there's lost of skipping forward & back, ffwd/rew and menu manipulation.