slide remote abcd buttons.any uses?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by leiff, Jul 19, 2011.

1. leiff

leiff Active Member

Aug 24, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Are there any uses at all for abcd buttons on slide remote for S3 tivos? I'd love to program a usefull missing button to one, such as- the infamous missing " now playing" button that used to be on direc tv tivos.

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Those buttons are unfortunately not programmable.

3. leiff

leiff Active Member

Aug 24, 2005
    SF Bay area
    i was happy that i could point my tv remote at the slide remote and teach it a specific input command and program it to the input button on slide remote instead of just having the input button on slide cycling my inputs. Are the only buttons on the slide remote that are teachable- input, tv power, volume and mute? I would love to customize some of the other buttons on the slide remote i don't use such as the zoom button. I use the slide remote to control two different tv's so i'd like to have another tv power button mapped. I was pleasantly surprised to discover i was permited to set tv power and input to control different tv's.

4. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Yeah, the learning remotes only support programming the TV POWER, MUTE, INPUT, VOL UP and VOL DOWN functions. Although you can program the power button to power on multiple devices.

5. pmiranda

pmiranda Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I say get a Harmony and be done with it. Now I have a menu button that brings up now playing, and a macro to bring up the todo list :up:

6. leiff

leiff Active Member

Aug 24, 2005
    SF Bay area
    sweet! i didn't remember reading it could power on multiple devices. is the power button the only button that can be programmed to talk to more than one device?

7. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    As far as I know, yes. You might want to check out the page I linked to in my previous post.