Slide Pro remotes won't go into RF mode

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by GARainman, Mar 7, 2021.

1. GARainman

GARainman New Member

Mar 7, 2021

Advertisements

I recently purchased a Tivo Edge and have been pulling my hair out trying to get my Slide Pro remotes that I purchased for my previous Romeo Pro to pair with the new box. I've done every procedure that is listed on the support pages (Global Resets - clear, enter, clear, 221, clear, tivo button/red for IR and tivo button/green for RF mode plus probably a few others that I've forgotten). I've called Tivo support (geeze what a monumental waste of time - all they are capable of doing is reading back flip charts in horribly broken English).

Both remotes worked perfectly on the Romeo but I cannot get them to connect in RF mode to the Edge. I can't even get them into RF mode anymore. After doing the global resets - they just ignore the TIVO/Green D command and stay in IR mode. Nothing happens at all when pressing TIVO/Green D. From what I've read - the only way to get the slide part to work is to connect them via RF mode.

SURELY there has to be some trick that's not been published to get them over into RF mode. I even pulled the batteries and let them set overnight to try and clear them.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo + Pwr, :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: is the reset.

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I'm not sure the Edge supports the RF used by the older Roamio and Bolt remotes especially since it's Arris hardware. The newer VOX remotes use Bluetooth (BLE) for the RF side and the FCC registration definitely shows testing for BLE but I couldn't find definitively if it does or doesn't support RF.

Scott