Slide Pro not pairing to Edge.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by philco782, Jan 17, 2020.

1. philco782

philco782 Active Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Florida
    So I've got a brand new Edge (Upgraded from a Premiere4), and just bought a Slide Pro. Can't get it to RF pair at all. The included remote pairs instantly just the way it should - when in range, you press any button and then the light flashes amber quickly, then it is paired.

Tried global reset (hold tivo+power until light turns red, then thumbs down 3 times then enter). Tried manually putting it into pairing mode by holding tivo+back.

The remote works fine over IR, it just won't RF pair. I've been using a Slide Pro with my Premiere for years, so I'm pretty familiar with the remote, and have been very happy with it. This one here is brand spanking new, right from WeakNees. I happened to have a USB dongle and I tried using it as well (although this shouldnt be required with the Edge).

All the remote does is keep flashing amber. Driving me nuts. Think it could be defective? Dead right out of the box? Seems strange a brand new remote from a reputable seller would be bad out of the box. The box was not damaged in transit.

Any ideas?

2. dougtv

dougtv Member

May 20, 2015
    If you are on TE4 are you on the remote pair screen? I know this may be a silly question but I feel like RF pairing doesn’t even bother on TE4 unless that remote pair screen is active.

3. philco782

philco782 Active Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Florida
    Yea. Doesn't seem to have an effect. Maybe this weekend I can visit the parents (whom I gave the old Premier to) and see if I can pair it there... Man, I really hate DOA product :-(