Slide Pro and Mini VOX

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Dan203, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I recently bought a Mini VOX to replace my old Mini. Works great. However the Slide Pro doesn't seem to work properly. The remote part works but none of the keyboard buttons work in search. I know it's not the remote because this is the same remote I used with the old Mini and the keyboard worked fine with it. But on the VOX the keyboard does nothing. (the light blinks, but there is no action on the screen)

Is this a known limitation with the VOX? Or is there something I can do to fix it?

I'm running the old UI, not Hydra.

krkaufman likes this.
  2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Yep as to the former; there are some earlier posts here on this, which I believe led to queries with TiVo customer support and confirmation..

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    That’s a bummer

4. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    I have a SLIDE PRO and a SLIDE both in original boxes and I was considering a MINI VOX to use the PRO. Seems I maybe need to reconsider this. Has there ever been comments from TiVo regarding 'functionality'? If the PRO won't do 'keyboard' for MINI VOX maybe I just sell both!

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Keep in mind, the Slide Pro still works with the Mini VOX--but without the below-stowed keyboard's functionality.