Sleeper Cell VS 24

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by lee espinoza, Dec 22, 2005.

Sleeper Cell VS 24

Poll closed May 6, 2007.
  1. 24 is better

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. Sleeper Cell is better

25 vote(s)
    48.1%
  3. the same

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. lee espinoza

lee espinoza some guy

Aug 21, 2002
    San Antonio,TX
    Do you like Sleeper Cell more than 24 or 24 more than Sleeper Cell?

for me it is Sleeper Cell

2. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Never seen Sleeper Cell. Have never missed a 24

3. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    I thought Sleeper Cell was better until the finale, which was kinda flat. The premise of sleeper cell is/was more realistic to me, with 24 being too compressed to actually have what happens happen, and too much 'gee whiz' technology gooblegook that isn't realistic. Sleeper Cell was a very intriquing concept that I think took the easy road out at the end unfortunately, still better than last season's 24, IMHO.

(btw, I liked 24 and will be watching come Jan :))

4. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Sleeper Cell was more engaging, though probably moreso because of how they scheduled the episodes than just for content. It was nice not having to ignore 11 billion different things done poorly in order to enjoy it. Sleeper Cell only took some minor liberties with technogy and transportation.

What would be an interesting change for 24 is to show the 24 hours from the other side rather than the Jack Bauer/CTU side. Maybe even do both simultaneously -- two different shows.

5. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    Is Sleeper Cell in HD? Any marathons coming up?

6. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Yes it's in HD.

In January they start showing it weekly, I believe... like a traditional series.

7. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    It's also on demand, not sure about HD, but on demand nonetheless

8. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    sleeper cell is better because it is shorter. 24 is still awesome though.

9. purple6816

purple6816 New Member

May 27, 2003
    NorthWest
    24 sucks. Stopped watching after the second season. I hated the daughter and some of the acting was really bad. I could give a dissortation on the bad acting and plot line. But, I will just say it is bad. First season was good and I watched. But, it went down hill from there.

Sleeper Cell rocks. It had a start and an end and the acting was good. Timely plot line. Well done showtime. First show I liked from you since Odessey 5.

10. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    I think I know what you mean, but I think I disagree. :) I think it was a necessary aspect of the reality, that
    there wasn't a big explosive pay-off at the end.
    That is one aspect of '24' that makes it more like a cartoon than the realistic type of program that Sleeper Cell is.

11. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Never seen Sleep Cell, definately will have to check that out. I would like to take this moment though to vent on 24. As someone said above, first season was very good, second season was, in my opinion, even better. The compliments end there. I just could not (and still can't, even after borrowing it on DVD) get into season 3. I think it's just the whole concept grows old very quickly. Realisitically, is all this stuff really going to happen in the span of 24 hours? Probably not. The novelty of the "every show is one hour thing" can only go so far. The timeline just gets to unbelieveable. And that's not even mentioning the mediocre acting....oh well. Will be checking out Sleeper Cell though....

12. purple6816

purple6816 New Member

May 27, 2003
    NorthWest
    Mediocre acting is putting it lightly. The wife, daughter and the girlfriend were terrible. The boss that died of of radiation poisoning how stupid. I cant even remember how stupid the technology things they were trying to do in CTU. Then a terriest group blowing up CTU. Oh thats ever going to happen.

They need to make it feel believable or make it a real cartoon. I think donnald duck would be a better jack. :)

13. xtopher_66

xtopher_66 Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Arlington...
    I enjoy 24, but I think Sleeper Cell is better. I don't remember any Cougar sightings during any of the 10 episodes that ran last month. :)

There's plenty of room on TV for both shows.

14. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...

Season 4 of 24 really "jump-started" it again to what it was in Season 1...
    Hopefully Season 5 will be just as good..

In Season 4 of 24; Kim is no longer there and only mentioned by name for the sake of explaining where she was

15. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I actually like each season more and more

I didn't like season 1 as much due to Kim and his wife just getting kidnapped over and over again

16. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    I agree. The series is actually getting better each season, rather than worse, like most series.

17. Kevdog

Kevdog New Member

Apr 18, 2001
    Seattle
    I think the difference between Sleeper Cell and 24 lies in the fact that one is on a pay cable network and the other is on free TV. Sleeper Cell is more thoughtful, spends more time on character development and on plot, things that typically are poison for the mass market, free TV audience. 24, by contrast, is almost all about action and suspense. 24 needs to keep advertisers happy by capturing the eyeballs of the all-important 18-30 demographic. So believability is less important than keeping the viewer on the edge of his/her seat. Sleeper Cell is a better show by a wide margin, in my opinion.

18. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    What oging from one side of LA to the other during a "commercial" break isn't Believable?

19. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    "Nobody ogse there anymore; it's too wrocded." -Oygi Brera

20. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    I really don't think Sleeper Cell does any worse in that regard. Sleeper Cell isn't subject to the kind of censorship that 24 is, but beyond that, I see no reason why 24 cannot be just as good as Sleeper Cell.