SkipMode

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ballerina, Jun 19, 2017.

1. ballerina

ballerina New Member

Jun 19, 2017
    Purchased a new Bolt in December 2016 and have been having issues with the skipmode feature. Not always, but often it will skip two sets of commericals and the accompanying program in between. Never had this issue with my Roamio. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's not that unusual I'm afraid. When it happens to me I back up (channel down) and FF to the next segment. I figure the TV watcher fell asleep and missed the break. I seems to happen on the first or second break the most.

I'm using a basic Roamio.

3. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I've seen this issue once in a while. I don't think the watcher fell asleep, because sometimes a program recorded on another TiVo will not have the problem; I think it's just some reception problem garbled the CC data just enough for the TiVo not to match it up with the metadata and therefore miss the break.

krkaufman likes this.
  4. ballerina

ballerina New Member

Jun 19, 2017
    I agree. I never had this issue with my Roamio, only with my Bolt. Do you think it's software related in the Bolt since there was never an issue with Skipmode in my Roamio? Thanks!

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    There's always the exception too. I record The Daily Show. I have never, that I remember, missed SM. But I set a 1P for the Jim Jefferies Show which airs just before TDS on Tuesday. Last night TDS failed to have SM, JJ was ok. No padding on either show. Cosmic Rays? Basic Roamio.

Next week I will use my other basic Roamio to record TDS also.

6. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, my TDS for last night didn't have skip either, although both JJ show and @Midnight did have skip. It's a crapshoot - one day one has it and one day another does.

I have had that mondo-skip thing happen in the past but not lately. It's really weird if you don't notice and you realize that you have no idea what is going on in the show. Then you finally notice that you are a lot further along in the show than you thought you were and have to go back and view the missing segment. D'oh!

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If this is a new SM bug, I have a lot of work to do before the new season starts. I can force it to use two tuners, but one step at a time.

Stay cool. I've been to LV at 110, but what you have is really bad.

sharkster likes this.
  8. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Hey Joe! Well, the good news is that I'm in the north part of the state (west of Reno), so we are at 5,000ft above sea level (lower Reno is 4,500) where I am. But, still - it was 102 yesterday and 101 the day before. Both days were supposed to be in the low to mid 90s. wrong! It was never this hot this early on. :(

Due to an auto-immune challenge, I positively cannot handle ANY heat so I'm hatin' life until it cools back down. :)

9. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I have no clue. I myself see the problem on Roamios just as often as Bolt+.

10. ballerina

ballerina New Member

Jun 19, 2017
    Thanks to everyone for their replies. At least I know that I am not alone. Tried to reach out to Tivo CS about the issue where I discovered that they have farmed out their CS/Tech help to the Philippines; that language barrier is a witch. Have a great summer everyone!