Skipmode stopped working

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kcantrell, Oct 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. kcantrell

kcantrell Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Austin, TX

Advertisements

Is it just me, or is anyone else having a problem with skipmode not working anymore? I do see the "skip" icon next to the show, and when I first start playing the show I get the little message at the bottom telling me that skipmode is available and I can press 'B' or "channel Up or Down" to activate it, however, when I do either of those, nothing happens. The progress bar does come up, so I can tell that the TiVo received the command from the remote, it just doesn't do anything else. Note that I do have some shows where the skipmode still works. It seems any newly recorded shows don't work, although, oddly enough, the recording of Saturday Night Live from last night (10/19/19) does work.

I have a TiVo Bolt if it matters. Running the original user interface.

2. Valerie Maples

Valerie Maples New Member

May 16, 2019
    Not sure if the Tivo model matters, but on my remote, it is the green D button.

ThePennyDropped likes this.
  3. kcantrell

kcantrell Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks. Maybe it is the 'D' button. I usually use Channel Up, since it is easier to find and hit that button. Regardless, it still simply doesn't work on the recently recorded shows.

4. Valerie Maples

Valerie Maples New Member

May 16, 2019
    Sorry! Hoped it was an easy fix. Maybe someone else can help!

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

Sorry to hear you are having issues but no problem here with SkipMode. You can try a reboot to see if that makes a difference since you are getting the SM indicator.

Scott

6. kcantrell

kcantrell Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried that early on and initially I didn't think it had done anything, mostly because the shows where SM wasn't working, still aren't working. However, I am noticed that new shows that get the SM indicator are now working. So, I'm thinking the reboot fixed whatever was causing the other shows to not properly get the SM stop points.

Regards,

Keith

7. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    It happens from time to time for some people, on all models &/or software that support CS...just had to reboot a couple days ago on one of my Roamios...