Skip Mode Not Working On Most Of My Shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by NickNack, Mar 31, 2020.

1. NickNack

NickNack New Member

May 31, 2015
    Skip Mode isn't working for many of my recorded shows on my Tivo Bolt. It's shows that always had skip mode before. It's on all of the main channels, CBS, NBC and ABC. It's also on AMC. Those are the main channels that I record. Is this a problem with Tivo or with my Bolt? I have two shows that I recorded last night, and neither has skip mode. I checked on my Comcast DVR, and their commercial skipping feature is working for those shows.

Is there something I can do, or is this a universal problem right now?

2. NickNack

NickNack New Member

May 31, 2015
  3. lujan

lujan Member

May 24, 2010
    No, this person is providing a link to another thread where this is being discussed.

4. NickNack

NickNack New Member

May 31, 2015
    Thank you so much. I didn't realize it was a link.

lujan likes this.
  5. Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    Posting in that thread will not fix your issue and TiVo does not read these forums. Fill out this form for each show that is missing skip mode or if skip mode is not functioning properly. Eventually they will fix the issue. Remember you have to fill out the form for each program missing skip and every time it is missing.
    https://survey.confirmit.com/wix/1/p3075425841.aspx

6. NickNack

NickNack New Member

May 31, 2015

Thank you very much. I just filled it out for four shows and will continue to do so each day.

7. lujan

lujan Member

May 24, 2010
    That is sure a lot of information they want. I would never have the time to fill it out every time the skip mode is not working.

8. Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    Yes it is but it is the only way to get the problem fixed. Margret told me this when she was still at TiVo. You have to keep doing it and eventually skip will work for all the programs. If not then you will continue to have hit and miss issues.
    Skip was working fine for me for a long while but I am starting to get a number of hit miss problems again so I have to start filling out the forms again.

9. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I might be my windows or browser, but all I have to enter is the first character and the rest gets filled in, except for the street address. I always fill one out for prime time and usually for late night. If I see bad metadata, I skip it.

I guess Skip Monkeys are not essential.

10. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, it's a human that goes through and sets up commercial time for each show, right? I've had a lot of network shows missing skip mode in the past few weeks...

11. lujan

lujan Member

May 24, 2010
    Me too, I guess the pandemic is causing these issues as well?

12. Critterbob

Critterbob New Member

Jan 25, 2019
    I noticed the NBC shows recorded on 3/30/20 do not have skip options. These usually do. Programs the day before and for 2 days afterwards do have the skip option. Odd.