Skip mode disappeared.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lpwcomp, Dec 18, 2017.

1. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...

Advertisements

Roamio running 20.7.4.RC18 configured for OTA.

Skip mode was there for a bunch of stuff. Was watching "A Christmas Story Live", went to skip a commercials at about the 1hr mark and nothing happened. Went back to "My Shows" and no skip mode on anything. I suppose it's possible that the TiVo is reacting to what I was watching since it is gawdawful.

Any other ideas? Reboot didn't help. Neither did deleting and restoring.

Transferred "A Christmas Story Live" from my new OTA only Roamio and SM reappeared on both copies.

2. jrock

jrock Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Connecticut
    Same thing with my TiVo Roamio. I was using it earlier then poof all of the skip icons on my shows disappeared. I'm on the same version as you but non OTA.

Miss Knapp likes this.
  3. tlrowley

tlrowley Quilt Geek

Jun 10, 2004
    Lancaster, PA
    Another one, here. Although the skip mode icon has disappeared from the NPL, the shows that I played still had skip mode working.

4. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    mine had no skip mode either.
    it just started filling in again......

Miss Knapp likes this.
  5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...

Advertisements

I think there's something weird going on the SM servers as I also had this problem with tonight's "Superior Donuts".

Miss Knapp likes this.
  6. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 26, 2017
    Elizabeth, CO
    I just looked and all of my SM icons are gone. I will find out in a little bit if I can still skip

Miss Knapp likes this.
  7. lart2150

lart2150 Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Chicago, IL.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. My Bolt vox did the same thing. Oddly enough I have a skip icon for only tonight's Superior Donuts.

This after losing my ABC channel do to some issue with either tivo or RCN.

Miss Knapp likes this.
  8. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    I have had skip mode suddenly disappear on all shows on my Bolt+. I have 2 ways to restore it:
    1) (drastic) Restart the Tivo
    2) As I own multiple Tivos, select another Tivo in the Devices menu item of My Show. and then return to the main My Shows menu.

9. MauiSpud

MauiSpud New Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Same thing here on my Roamio - was watching a show with skip mode and it suddenly went away. I looked at all the shows I had recorded - most with skip mode (69 of them) and it disappeared form all of them. I restarted twice and unplugged and hard booted and no luck. Any ideas?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Miss Knapp likes this.
  10. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    Same here with Bolt+.

11. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Item 2) did not work for me. I will try the restart since it worked for you. Last night recordings on CBS, ABC, and NBC do not indicate SM. This is not good.

Also, existing programs with SM do not seem to be affected. We may have different problems.

edit: Restart had no effect. We must have different problems.

12. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    This happened on my Bolt+ last night after 6pm. All SM came back around 4am without any intervention by me.

13. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Roamio Basic running 20.7.4.RC18 configured for OTA
    Was watching a recorded program the Sunday night and when I hit skip, TiVo rebooted.
    When it returned to operation skip mode was gone on all recordings.
    Last night all recordings show skip icon for CBS.

14. jrock

jrock Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's back today. I didn't have to reboot or anything. I was going to reboot it last night but it was recording so I figured I'd wait until today. I just turned on the tv and they are all back now. I'm thinking it was an issue with the TiVo service that provides the commercial skip and has since been fixed.

dfreybur likes this.
  15. vittoria

vittoria Member

Apr 15, 2008
    NJ
    My skip is gone as well. I'm glad it's not just me but so far I was not lucky enough to have it return by itself. Even shows saved where I know they had skip now have Skip missing.

Roamio Pro

16. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I had this last night then some odd trickplay behavior on superior donuts. Reboot fixed it all. This was bolt on hydra. My newer vox had no issues.

17. 01jmac

01jmac New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Just realized my Bolt+ was missing Skip on all the previously recorded shows. Rebooted and now Skip is back.

18. Chevelleman

Chevelleman Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Restarted my TiVo Roamio and SM came back in some shows and not in others that used to have. It seems that shows that are at least two weeks old lost SM.

19. vittoria

vittoria Member

Apr 15, 2008
    NJ
    Prior recordings that had skip did not recover it but two network broadcast recordings from last night did show Skip.

Miss Knapp likes this.
  20. MauiSpud

MauiSpud New Member

Nov 16, 2014
    SM came back on two shows that recorded today - rebooted, yet again, nothing else came back. Sigh.