skip forward a day in the guide

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by chuckbernard, Jan 22, 2006.

1. chuckbernard

chuckbernard M7rider

Apr 6, 2005
    Lake Tahoe,...
    I know that you scan scroll forward in the guide an hour at a time and also skip a few hours at a time using the FastForward button.

Is there a way to skip ahead a whole day? Or just skip to a particular day?

2. Scott in CO

Scott in CO New Member

Oct 27, 2003
    Fort...
    Open the guide, then press the info button. From there you can select the day you want to view.

3. chuckbernard

chuckbernard M7rider

Apr 6, 2005
    Lake Tahoe,...
    Wow, I've been using this thing for almost a year now and didn't know that! Thanks for the info. It will help me in the future.

4. Finnstang

Finnstang King of the North

Sep 11, 2003
    Winterfell
    Are you still using grid guide, too?

5. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I like the grid guide better than the other so I can quickly see what is on now and what is on in the next hour w/o going channel to channel.

6. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    But, if the channel you want to check isn't shown, then you still have to scroll up/ down the grid. I find the TiVo style better because it shows what's on many hours out. Just scroll up/down the left side to see what's on the other channels.

But, to each his own.

7. Philly Bill

Philly Bill Everyday is Saturday

Oct 6, 2004
    Rotonda...
    The Grid Guide Rocks. :)

8. KSbugeater

KSbugeater Moved on to HR2x

Jan 26, 2006
    Royals country
    Jim, you do know that in either the List or Grid Guide, you can directly enter the channel number and that one will appear at the top of the guide. You don't have to scroll to it, but you *do* have to know the number you want.

Knowing shortcuts like this and using the channel button to pg up and down, the REW and FF to move 1.5 hours fore and aft in time in the grid, make the HDTivo guide bearable. I can see how if you always tried to move one "brick" at a time it would get old really fast.

Having said that, I still would like version 6.2. Please, D*???