"Skip" disappeared

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Hickoryw, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Hickoryw

Hickoryw Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The "skip" feature seems to have completely disappeared from my roamio. Even old shows that had skip no longer do. Anybody know what's up or have any suggestions?

2. judyn

judyn Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Is SKIP showing in the guide for the programs that won't skip?

Also not all programs have it and the program has to be finished recording. But you probably know that.

3. Hickoryw

Hickoryw Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The problem is that literally nothing has skip. Not even the recordings that are in the my shows list that i know used to have it. It's as though skip never existed.

4. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

Did you try a reboot?

5. Hickoryw

Hickoryw Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Yep

6. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Did your TiVo get the Rovi guide or are you still on Gracenotes?

7. Hickoryw

Hickoryw Member

Dec 6, 2008
    It's changed to the Rovi data, but it seems as though I still had skip for a day or so after the change. But I can't say that for sure.

8. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    IIRC, there have been posts that say that after Rovi they are gone but do come back after a while.

9. Hickoryw

Hickoryw Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Update: I've found a place where skip exists... strangely it's in the recently deleted folder. I noticed that some shows in recently deleted had skip. If i recover them they still have skip in my shows. So I tried a test. If i delete a show from the my shows folder that should have skip but doesn't, then wait a few minutes, skip will appear. Then I can recover it and it will keep skip... bizarre, right?

So it seems that for some reason my Roamio is checking the wrong folder to add skip to shows. It's adding skip to shows a few minutes after they're added to recently deleted rather than after they've finished recording.

Again any ideas welcome... I've restarted more than once, I've even done a clear program info and to do list, and forced numerous connections.

10. Jay2tak

Jay2tak Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Yes, I tried that and skip was in my recovery folder.:up::up::up:

11. TiVoSupport_Sarah

TiVoSupport_Sarah TiVo Representative

Mar 30, 2015
    TiVocustomers, if you are experiencing this issue where you have to delete the show for the skipmode to show, please private message me your TiVo service number. We are currently investigating this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

12. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I wonder if this has fixed itself. Yesterday and the few days prior, I had no programs with skip, whereas I usually have at least half.

This morning I'm seeing that several of my recorded programs have skip indicated in the 'My Shows' list. Yay! :)

One of them was from Thursday and I could swear that it didn't have skip indicated yesterday but now it shows skip.