skip ahead

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rufusmcd12, Jan 13, 2006.

1. rufusmcd12

rufusmcd12 New Member

Jan 13, 2006

Advertisements

Hi, I have tried the select play select 30 select on my remote to no avail, it still jumos to the end. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Im still baffled as why they would think it would be better to jump ahead to the end intead of a 30 of 15 second jump.

2. Talon

Talon Chally!

Dec 5, 2001
    MD, USA
    Actually if you hit fast forward once and then the skip botton it will go to the next tick mark instead of the end.

3. pudge44

pudge44 Bring on the HD

Dec 5, 2002
    New Jersey
    I think it only works if you do this while watching a recorded program. Once you input the code correctly -- Select --> Play --> Select --> 3 --> 0 --> Select -- you'll hear three tones. Then the 30 second skip will work while watching both live and recorded TV. You can still use skip to tick by hitting the button while fast-forwarding or rewinding.

4. Guindalf

Guindalf Now with added dalf

Jun 13, 2001
    This is correct. You MUST run a recorded show and then input the code. I have this set up on all my boxes and it's great for watching football as well as skipping commercials (you can get up off the floor now, Mr Ad Exec!).

5. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick New Member

May 5, 2004

Advertisements

You will only hear the 3 tones if you are playing back a program that does NOT have Dolby Digital audio. If the program is in DD, the code sequence will still work, you just won't hear the 3 tones.

6. rufusmcd12

rufusmcd12 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    i dont hear the tones. i do have it set up as dolby digital and i still cant get it to work

7. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Don't hit the buttons in the sequence too quickly. Not knowing which unit you have, you may also have to have the red/white audio lines connected to hear the tones.

8. rufusmcd12

rufusmcd12 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Its the latest ne Directv has out now, it doesnt have a model number or name on it. It's silver with the blue circle on front. All i hear are to low tone " dongs" afterwards and when I hit "3""0" the numbers show up as if I am trying to change channels.

9. dtremain

dtremain New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    New Jersey
    If you have an R-15, you do not have TiVo software.

10. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Therefore, no TiVo software, no 30s skip. :(

A hint to all others who may post on this or any forum for that matter.

Include as much information as you can about your equipment.