Skating with Celebs, better than expected or no? *possible spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Jan 23, 2006.

Skating with Celebs is better than I expected...

Poll closed Apr 23, 2006.
  1. ... or not. I knew I'd hate it and I do.

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. ... is it still on the air? Why'd they even bother?!

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Yup! Much better than expected, go FOX

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. It's tolerable, but that's about all

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. I knew it'd be great and it is!

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. BURN IN HELL FOX!

18 vote(s)
    43.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...

Advertisements

I know how much we all love polls, or at least the recent rash of them, but I hope folks bear with me on this one... First, here's a few comments I've posted elsewhere on the web but wanted to repeat here.

After, I'll get to the poll question.

2. terpfan1980

Jan 28, 2002
    Apologies if the poll choices are too limited... if so, please feel free to expound upon your thoughts in replies here.

And please note that multiple choice is allowed just so you can admit that it was better than you thought while still wishing for FOX to BURN IN HELL :D

Also note that I (hopefully got it right here) edited the message subject to note possible spoilers so you can freely discuss the show so far. I didn't want someone commenting on the show as they expound upon their answers having someone else get mad because there were untagged spoilers in the conversations.

With the subject line appropriately edited, please feel free to discuss spoilers as you see fit.

3. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
  4. terpfan1980

Jan 28, 2002
    Saw that thread and the comments there-in but I held back comments until watching another episode of the show.

It really is better than I expected. I had thought it was going to be a total train wreck (as noted in comments above), but it has turned out to be pretty decent.

I still wish that it wasn't keeping A.D. and/or Prison Break off the schedule, but it's not bad.

5. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

Advertisements

the show isn't a train wreck by any means. Some of the people really do a nice job (Jillian is the best so far). If it's pulling in better ratings than other Fox shows have in that slot (A.D. or Prison Break or whatever), then I guess the Fox execs. aren't so dumb afterall. :)

6. ebonovic

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Since there was no episode idicator on the thread..
    Todd's gone

This was another good episode... I wonder how scoring for week 3 will be...

Combination of all 3 or just Episode #2 and #3 (or will there be a two week deal, and it be #3 and #4)

If it is either #1,#2, & #3 or just #2 and #3... David and Nacy, and Deb and her partner have a big gap to fill...

It is a fun show...

7. walkerism

walkerism The Clean Up Man

Aug 16, 2001
    Miami, FL
    I thought Dave and Nancy sucked worse than Debbie and her partner. I hope Dave and Nancy dissapear nexy week.

8. FourFourSeven

FourFourSeven New Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Definitely about five times better than I expected. I've enjoyed watching it...

I knew Nancy Kerrigan wasn't going to get kicked off on episode two, because she's Nancy friggin' Kerrigan! That would be like showing "Basketball with Celebrities" and bouncing Michael Jordan on episode 1 - not gonna happen.

(Apologies for the "bouncing" pun...)

9. Figaro

Figaro El Caganer

Nov 9, 2003
    Somwhere in...
    Well that's not fair because everyone likes Michael Jordan whereas most people think Nancy Kerrigan is a *****.

10. ebonovic

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    You could say the same thing for just about any of the skating stars...

I would have been surprised if Kurt and Debra where bounced as well.

11. ebonovic

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    I don't find Nacy to be that big of a *****....
    At least not compared to Lapinsky (sp?), Tanya (or is she just trailer trash), or some of the others that have come out (and that are still in)..

I think is just that of an intense competitor, and doesn't know how to turn it off quick enough.

[looking around] So where do I actually hand my GUY card in at... ? [/looking around]

12. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    What Nancy doesnt seem to know how to do is make her partner look good. She seems to like doing fancy stuff that showcases herself individually. The judges are clearly grading the celebrity and ignoring anything the pro does.

That choreography is blowing it for them.