Site doesn't load when using home internet

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by indyrobb, Jun 23, 2020.

1. indyrobb

indyrobb Member TCF Club

Feb 9, 2005
    Indianapolis...
    There are times when I can't load the site when using my home internet. Sometimes I can get to a thread or two then it'll stop loading. If I switch to cell data, it comes up fine.

I have a static ip that I've been using for 3 years now, and I promise I'm not a spammer, just a prolific reader.

It'll be fine for several days then it'll occur a few times that day, usually loading fine after waiting an hour or two. It's been happening for several months, so nothing just recent.

I will mention that I use tapatalk for most of my browsing, but when it quits loading I can't use the website either.

Help me!

Thank you!

2. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    If you were being blocked as a spammer from our end you'd just never connect. The fact that it's intermittent means it's something else. Often people find they messed with host files or had browser plugin conflicts or simply rebooting their modem & router took care of it.

3. indyrobb

indyrobb Member TCF Club

Feb 9, 2005
    Indianapolis...
    I'll try the router/modem thing next time I see it happen. I wasn't sure if the system thought I was connecting too many times in a short period and doing a temp ban or something as sometimes I will click a thread and back out and go to the thread I meant to in the first place.