Single Channel not being received on 9.1?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Yoav, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Yoav

Yoav New Member

Jan 12, 2007

Advertisements

Ever since I got the upgrade to 9.1, one, and only one channel, has stopped working.
    KSWBDT, the local HD CW channel.

I have two SA S-cards. I've also had the 'second card stopped working' problem, although a reboot fixes it (for a short while anyways). And I have the annoying pixelation/skipping on HD recordings, but I think this is a seperate issue.

The channel IS being sent, and I can view it fine when I hook up my Scientific Atlanta 8300 receiver on channel 705. But the Tivo3 simply shows nothing. On one receiver it is a gray screen. On the other receiver it is also a grey screen, but with a little blue box saying "Channel is not available".

The guide is aware of the channel and gives correct guide info. Additionally, it worked fine before the 9.1 update.

power cycling is not helping. I went through a complete reset+guided setup as well hoping it would help... no avail.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Is this supposed to be fixed in 9.2?

Thanks for any info (I've not managed to find a threat about this problem, but if there is one, then my apologies).

Update: Have been reading up on the SDV thing, and starting to think that is what is going on. However, Time Warner San Diego/La Jolla is not listed as one of the providers that is using SDV. Is there a way to figure that out?

2. a68oliver

a68oliver Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Crawfordsvil...
    I have a similar problem.

However, I can't say things were working fine before 9.1.

I recieved 9.1 on 10/7. I received my first digital TV, a Samsung HL-T5687S, on 10/10. I discovered that my local HD stations were unencrypted and could be received fine on my Samsung. However, one of the stations, identified as 82.8 by the Qam tuner on my Samsung is not displaying on my S3. I get no messages about it being unavailable . I have not yet purchased Cable Cards. The Tivo receives the other stations that are in the clear just fine when I manually tune them. Of couse I don't have any guide data for them.