Since Program Data-related update TiVo wants to re-record shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by natallica, Aug 22, 2016.

1. natallica

natallica Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Fairfax, VA

Advertisements

Hey everyone -

I have a Premiere Elite and the Program Guide related update ran last night. This morning I had nothing in my ToDo List and no Program Data and that resolved itself after a couple of hours like TiVo said it would, but now my TiVo is re-recording shows that I have already recorded and deleted and shows that are sitting on my TiVo -- the exact same episodes!

I checked that the OnePass settings still say to only record New episodes, but now my ToDo List is full of duplicate recordings of the same episodes.

Anyone else have this issue? A reboot of my TiVo didn't resolve it.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    There was a complete database purge as part of update, so the history of what recorded is not available, so the 28 day rule is in effect so anything repeating that re-airs will be re-recorded.

3. tivoyahoo

tivoyahoo New Member

Sep 4, 2003
    may want to ask in this thread where those who have gotten the rovi data are posting:
    "Rovi Guide"
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10974112

or post a link there to this thread. only a small subset of users have Rovi data at this point. and this may be the first post of a premiere with rovi data.

4. natallica

natallica Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    But even episodes that are sitting on my TiVo already? The same episodes are sitting on my TiVo and have been added to my ToDo List several times more to record each episode 5-6 times or more. That makes zero sense.

5. natallica

natallica Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Fairfax, VA

Advertisements

Will do. Thanks!

6. tivoyahoo

tivoyahoo New Member

Sep 4, 2003
    moyekj has the answer :up: nevermind my prior post except you might want to follow that one.

7. natallica

natallica Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    Even if the History doesn't exist, one would think that whatever is sitting on my Tivo currently unwatched would not be re-recorded. Also, why is it putting the same episode on the ToDo List to be recorded 5-6 times over the next week? Once isn't enough?

8. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It is possible the new data isn't able to matchup recordings that used the old data.

9. natallica

natallica Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    I get that, but why it wants to record the same episodes 5-6 times in the next week is bizarre. Oh, well. I'll just have to babysit the TiVo for the next 28 days.

:rolleyes:

10. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Perhaps after the 1st occurrence actually records the other instances will drop out of the ToDo list.

11. natallica

natallica Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    I'll test this and report back.

12. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Other possibility is the guide data is generic/wrong for these episodes such that TiVo doesn't have enough information to determine if it's already been recorded. Hopefully that's not the case you are running into since that's a much harder one to get fixed. You should check the guide for 1 of these instances and see if it has non-generic episode descriptions as well as season and episode information available.

13. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm on the same page; agreed.

Still in the pre-Rovi world, a given episode may be scheduled to air multiple times in the coming week, but my TiVo To Do List only shows one instance of each unique episode as being scheduled to record.

14. Cheezmo

Cheezmo Active Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Where would be a good place to read about this update? First I've heard of it.

15. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  16. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
  17. natallica

natallica Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    I created a OnePass last night for a show and told it to only record new episodes. This morning it had recorded each of the first 2 episodes of the show twice!

:thumbsdown:

18. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Did you get the update?
    If so what is version number?

19. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Teeps, the guide changeover is a two part process. The software version number is 20.6.1a.RC10 which was pushed out last week. The guide data switchover will happen after this in a staggered rollout. Check out those links provided in the above posts for further information to your inquiries. :)

20. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    That answers my question with regard to premier and roamio, as both of mine have that ver showing.
    I have not noticed any difference in guide info. But, admittedly I rarely view the guide, live or search.

I'm still waiting for my S3 648250 to get the update.

Thanks.